Sean's black LCR. Soon to be stage 2

irf

Feb 5, 2014
reading this with interest and enjoyment!

am going for a stage 2 myself with badger5 in a couple of weeks but because i'm on standard internals i've asked for a map thats low on boost and something which will rev.

afaik these cars only need the connecting rods uprated so if you have someone that can do it, maybe do that first?

on the other hand i've had enough of buying stuff, i need the car to be quicker, rods can wait! plus nurburgring trip in may:funk:

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Have been chatting to a comapany and all being well i should be getting this forged before my next remap.

Along with the ported hotside and gen2 mani i should be seeing close to 320bhp!

Come on!!

scottbmxer

Apr 15, 2014
High Wycombe
Have been chatting to a comapany and all being well i should be getting this forged before my next remap.

Along with the ported hotside and gen2 mani i should be seeing close to 320bhp!

Come on!!
320! Really that much on standard k04? Where have you looked to get rods done? And how much would it set you back?

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Are you getting rods done in Gloucester? If so, I'll probably book mine in too then get a badger5 v2 and hybrid port matched k04 after my next deployment. What rods are you getting, what else are you changing bearing and ring wise and how much is the labour?

Sean886

May 15, 2014
I'm chatting to bgk tuning. They are based in Leeds...

They're DM rifle drilled rods along with an ARP fitting kit.

Im havinge, Gaskets throughout, Shells, Timing kit, bearings, piston rings and a rehone.. Plus fitting the manifold and porting the hotside.

£1250 fitted. Hopefully get it dropped of in 3 weeks time. Ive told them to keep the for Aslong as they need it. Beauty of my job is that I dont need my car!

dubninja

May 1, 2014
Melton Mowbray
Sounds good will keep an eye on this thread as exactly the way i'll want to go with my LCR when funds allow, with regards to BGK quote what parts are you supplying and what's included in the £1250 as I have been trying to work out a breakdown of costs when I decide to get mine forged any info would be appreciated, PM me if you want.

Sean886

May 15, 2014
£1550 all in
DM foged rifle drilledrods with ARP bolts
Bores re-honed
New OE piston rings
New KS race big end bearings
New pick up pipe and seal OEM
Sump degrease and clean
New head gasket with ARP head bolts
All new head seals and gaskets including half moon seal under the VVT tensioner
OEM Install of aftermarket manifold including port matched turbo hotside
Full service including all filters, oil, coolant and plugs, NGK 7's used if the cars getting mapped
3 x oil filters and 3 x 5 litres drums of run in oil and a run in procedure given

Full photo build and video if initial start up.

Its being dropped off on the 22nd February and collected week later. Will be run in and then heading to r-tech on the 14th march!

Exciting 6 weeks coming up!

Along with a bit of welding to my exhaust, my new TIP, some new breather pipes and a tidy up of the pcv system

dubninja

May 1, 2014
Melton Mowbray
That's brilliant cheers for the info, made note of this all gives me a good idea how much I need to save, obviously then need the manifold too.

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Haha! Yeah you swine!!

Fitting tonight. Gonna chop my exhaust up tonight and get it sitting better

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Best thing you have bought for the car! You would have had one sooner if you weren't let down, at least I've kept mine I suppose eh. When are you fitting it?

Josh, can you change the settings on the multi guage to show what i want it too?

Love the g-force indicator... pulled 1.18g on a roundabout. OAT was about 2*c so hopefully i can get near 1.5 in the summer!

The arbs make such a difference. So does having decent tyres on the rear and not some random ditch finders!

that car looks awesome mate, what polish/wax do you use? I could eat off that bodywork and not batter an eyelid!

I use a mixture of megs and poorboys black hole and autobrite compounds on the DA.

I need to find someone local (and cheapish) who can weld my exhaust. Its blowing at a join so im going to get it welded.

I also need to chop an inch or so off my rear section to allow my backbox and exhaust tip to sit better in the recess... if you check my pictures it hangs down and out too much. This is due to a small dent in the backbox pipe that goes over the sleeve of the rear section. So shortening the rear section will sort that problem out.

Raced my mate in his Mini JCW last night. Hes had it cammed and a bigger charger pully and mapped and rolling roaded at 230bhp. He has also stripped out the rear and we was neck and neck. He had a slight pull on me if anything. Counting down the days before March 14th for my Full fat stage 2 map!

In regards to my map. Im going for a forged build. Would it be a good idea for NLS? Its something im intrested in but im going to be without an uprated clutch and lsd for the short while... So whats peoples opinion on that?

It doesnt have to be used all the time so i can have it added and use it when im ready, or if i want to be a bit naughty!

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Josh, Ive only got one setting on my multiguage...

My stage 2 kevlar clutch arrived yesterday... Lush bit of kit!!

Dropping the car of monday for the rebuild. Cant wait!!

Have been polishing it for the last few days its coming up alright. Really want a carbon bonnet though! Mines shagged!

Also need to repaint my brakes and I quite fancy painting my alloys red!

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Some pictures from the last few months!*

These 2 were the ending of the trip out to the evo triangle and Llanberis pass...*

IMG_20150208_152158.jpg

Video of the Llanberis pass... Excuse the misses urging as we experienced -G!*

*[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRz5e7knMtk[/video]

My Gen 2 manifold and Oversized Turbo intake pipe

Old vs new... Old is still bigger than stock! Such a restriction!*

Liquid gauge... Such an epic bit of kit! Did a 0-60 run yesterday in 6.7secs... The gauge has got so many features

Blew one of the top boost hoses to smithereens in wales so they got replaced with forge items.. The one i exploded is the one running of the top of the polished charge pipe, the thinner of the two... the hoses only come in a pair so that was a shame!!*

And after a quick 2 stage correction shes starting to look as good as she goes!*

And the most recent photo!*

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.