What did you and your MK2 do today?

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
I am seriously considering it. Or at least giving them a call to see whats what, if I need to go St Helens for fitting.
Looking at the Cupra R systems its hard to tell them apart lol apart from name and price.

Do I want the ceramic tips...? Heat wrapping etc lol.

Hey Craig, im not totally convinced at the quality of that stubby. The insert looks like it has some splinters coming away and the finish along the edges is very rough. At first I thought it was a plastic protection wrap but it seems that little bits of the insert are flaking off :(

Hmmm that's not good mine looks ok it's not the best made but there is no rough edges etc,could you ask for an exchange?

Was originally looking at this one but unsure if it will fit? It's a 5mm thread but may not be long enough

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400713084827?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Stompbox

Jan 24, 2015
Rochdale
Checked over my (new to me) Leon Mk 2 Tdi 1.6s - ready for a week away - tyres, oil, water, screen wash, cleaned interior - all good to go.

Looking forward to the ride - and still trying to figure out the trip computer!!

locky

May 5, 2014
North East

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Yeah I think ill drop them an email with those photos.

Cheers for having a look around but tbh im wondering whether just to stick with the stock ariel.

I can reroute the 8.99 to the exhaust fund :)

No worry's pal can see that exhaust being ordered soon get the feeling you can't wait and hey why the heck not go for it :)

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
QUOTE=kebabWarrior81;4528328]No worry's pal can see that exhaust being ordered soon get the feeling you can't wait and hey why the heck not go for it :)[/QUOTE]

Number one thing putting me off is having to call up the insurance!
Second is whether I reeeeally want to mod the backend.
Third is the money...

...and I dont mean the price of the pipe, I mean how much car upgrade guilt presents/shopping for the missus this will cost me :)

aaronb84

Feb 25, 2013
Brighton
Number one thing putting me off is having to call up the insurance!
Second is whether I reeeeally want to mod the backend.
Third is the money...

...and I dont mean the price of the pipe, I mean how much car upgrade guilt presents/shopping for the missus this will cost me :)

A preemptive strike will cost you less. This way she will feel guilty that you went out of your way to buy/do something nice and it will therefore be totally acceptable that you treat yourself to.

Last edited:

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
Triple R babbyyyyy :D love how the front looks now

Full_Size_Render.jpg

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Fitted an auto-dimming rear view mirror:

mirror1_zpsd7d9f69e.jpg

Finished machine polishing my car and applied Gyeon MOHS ceramic quartz coating:

side1_zps14a37770.jpg

Found the SEAT boot logo for the sat-nav so loaded it onto my aftermarket head unit! You can change the boot logos and background to anything you want on this.

boot1_zpsed937aae.jpg

Had the wheels refurbished a couple of weeks ago so they're sorted too. :)

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
A preemptive strike will cost you less. This way she will feel guilty that you went out of your way to buy/do something nice and it will therefore be totally acceptable that you treat yourself to.

I like your thinking!

Sadly, the BCS sale is over - the full powervalve system I was eyeballing is now £300-400 more than it was on Sunday.

You snooze you lose eh!

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Fitted an auto-dimming rear view mirror:

mirror1_zpsd7d9f69e.jpg

Finished machine polishing my car and applied Gyeon MOHS ceramic quartz coating:

side1_zps14a37770.jpg

Found the SEAT boot logo for the sat-nav so loaded it onto my aftermarket head unit! You can change the boot logos and background to anything you want on this.

boot1_zpsed937aae.jpg

Had the wheels refurbished a couple of weeks ago so they're sorted too. :)

Looks great after the machine polishing Rob. Need to do mine when the weather gets better.

m.001

Oct 1, 2012
Finally fitted my volkswagen racing bbk... Loving it so far, they definitely have some stopping power and the pedal feel is oem. I have only had them on for 4 days now so haven't tested them properly and will be away for about a month so won't be able to track them for a while but will definitely give them a good test on the track the next chance I get when I am back.

here are two pics.

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
Finally fitted my volkswagen racing bbk... Loving it so far, they definitely have some stopping power and the pedal feel is oem. I have only had them on for 4 days now so haven't tested them properly and will be away for about a month so won't be able to track them for a while but will definitely give them a good test on the track the next chance I get when I am back.

here are two pics.

cracking bit of kit m8,what pads did you go for?
presume braided lines and upgraded the fluid also

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members