LC 180, Combination of poss related issues

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
I would change the thermostat, should stay at 90 all the time. When my stat was knackered it didn't cause rough running so I would say your MAF might be shot too but change the stat first. Like I said above I wouldn't rule out plugs for the rough running on start up either, when was the last time they were changed? Wouldn't do any harm trying them, MAFs are expensive!

LouisAUQ

Jul 27, 2014
So, this morning, car drove perfectly felt like a totally different car.

Temp gauge sat at 75 most of the way, dropped to 60 when coasting and up to 90 when going up hill or in traffic.

LouisAUQ

Jul 27, 2014
I would change the thermostat, should stay at 90 all the time. When my stat was knackered it didn't cause rough running so I would say your MAF might be shot too but change the stat first. Like I said above I wouldn't rule out plugs for the rough running on start up either, when was the last time they were changed? Wouldn't do any harm trying them, MAFs are expensive!

Thanks Daz, i'll look at plugs too, the car has full Seat history and one previous owner, its been looked after well. I've had it about 8 months myself.

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
*Hesitation around 1000-2000 rpm in 1st 2nd and sometimes (but rarely) 3rd. always on part throttle.

Probably split hoses (PVC system is a weak point of our engines), or coils, plugs, MAF.

*Temp gauge mis reading, fluctuating between 60-75, sometimes sits at 90 when engine under load

In 99% of the cases: CTS sensor and/or thermostat

*Engine oil light came on 3 months ago, checked oil, was very low so topped up.

Ok good.

*Yesterday car wasnt happy being started after being left for a few minutes, sounded flooded, when it did start it sat at 2k for a minute before settling. Once moving was fine but with its normal hesitation.

Starting issues could also be CTS sensor.

*Today the TCS light came on on route to work. Switched ignition off and on which cleared it, drove it at lunch today a couple miles light hasnt re-appeared.

Get it scanned (vagcom/vcds), not all errors throw an EML.

LouisAUQ

Jul 27, 2014
Thanks,

I've changed the coolant temp which made no difference until yesterday when i checked codes and cleared them. Two 15 mile drives since and car is running well but gauge still mis reading (or reading correctly due to thermostat stuck open/closed).