Wrapping roof black

Ben Stoke

Nov 29, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
My Leons white thinking about getting the roof wrapped black but I don't know whether to have the spoiler part done aswell?

Would people be able to show me pictures of theirs so I can make my mind up

Thanks

Ben

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Here's mine, not a white one but you can get an idea of what it will look like.

02d80a533fd46f46d3c3dc900bc58279.jpg

4f078095b79562946ba2a68813914a1f.jpg

2e435db7a4ed3a82db9dfab1a95d36ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aidiewright

Seat Leon FR 170
Oct 20, 2013
East Yorkshire, Driffield
Do you reckon I would save money if I bought the wrap from ebay? I'm not bothered about saving a few quid, But if I'm gunna be saving £30 source the supplies it's better in my pocket haha.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
if you can be arsed to buy it from ebay mate, you might as well have a crack at it yourself, all you need is a 3 other mates and a couple of step ladders, and a credit card and a hair dryer

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
if you can be arsed to buy it from ebay mate, you might as well have a crack at it yourself, all you need is a 3 other mates and a couple of step ladders, and a credit card and a hair dryer

I await the results with baited breath... ;) and a video from the 5th member of the gang would be good too :)

If only it was that easy :rofl:

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
Not exactly 4 clueless amateurs with fleabay vinyl and a credit card though is it?
Cut the edges on a leon 2 with a scalpel on the metal roof?
Think long and hard, sure anyone thinks doing a grille or badge is easy, different game with bigger pieces.
The £30 you pay for cheap vinyl is a fair chunk to throw away against the prices people say they're paying...25/30% ?

rocky

Jan 2, 2015
Just bought myself some gloss wrap for mine when I pick it up on wednesday. I've never wrapped anything before but plan to do my roof. will keep you guys updated on how long it takes an beginner to do it by themselves.
The wrap cost me £30 so a fair saving on paying for it to be done if I don't **** it up

Earn it, Spend it

rocky

Jan 2, 2015
No doubt the girlfriend will be getting shouted over a few times :p
what would you recommend cleaning the roof with prior to wrapping?

Earn it, Spend it

Last edited:

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
hmm good point, id say just washing your car normally should be fine, just dont wax or use a good shampoo that shines afterwards, so long as it dry you should be ok. Ive read a few sites that say you should wipe down with isopropyl alcohol afterwards but it seems a bit extreme, maybe halfrauds have some wipes that are similar.

rocky

Jan 2, 2015
I will have a pop down some time this week, need to high temp caliper paint from there too

Earn it, Spend it

rocky

Jan 2, 2015
Yeah going to get the spray I think, painting them orange. halfords only sell red but all the replies say it's more orange so worth a shot

Earn it, Spend it