FR184 with DTUK - comparison

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
The insurance is for everyone else as much as you.

Imagine your reaction if someone hit you and because of an undeclared modification their insurance doesn't sort out your car.

Of course no one plans to have a crash, but it only takes a moment of distraction (particularly when you're talking of "racing" ;) ).

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
The insurance is for everyone else as much as you.

Imagine your reaction if someone hit you and because of an undeclared modification their insurance doesn't sort out your car.

Of course no one plans to have a crash, but it only takes a moment of distraction (particularly when you're talking of "racing" ;) ).

I'm with you on this....the "uninsured driver" scheme doesn't cover situations where a driver has invalidated insurance, only where they never took it out.
Do the right thing....

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain

I think you will find that, if the person causing the accident was insured, then his insurance company is bound, by law, to pay third party claims for personal injury or damage, irrespective of the fact that they are cancelling the policy because they had not been informed of material changes to the risk.

They will, of course, rightly refuse to pay for any personal injury or damage to the insured's car.

They can then sue the insured for the money that they had to pay out to the third party.

It is a common misconception that an insurance company can refute a third party claim. If they issued the policy they have to pay out. It's written into the UK Road Traffic Act.

lozzer

Feb 3, 2015
Well done guys.......youve guilt tripped me into it.......ive changed my insurance!!!. Obviously it was the right thing to do!!!!

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Well done guys.......youve guilt tripped me into it.......ive changed my insurance!!!. Obviously it was the right thing to do!!!!

Good choice fella. socially and morally correct.

lozzer

Feb 3, 2015
Another 160 quid. Worth it though as its a different car now!!!!

It was definitely the right thing to do, if i crashed and hurt someone id never forgive myself

phibbs2014

May 21, 2014
Thanks that's about the same increase I was getting then . I'm so tempted but £600 ish investment, I wish I could drive an st with it fitted so I could make my mind up if it's worth it or not!

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
Thanks for the correction fred99, I had assumed they'd leave it too drivers to try and get money from one another saying the policy want valid.

Good to know that's not correct.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.