Josh's Leon FR tdi. R32 interior fitted.

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
I think I have possibly just sold my baby to my best friend :(
Plus side though is now I can get either a 225 or an R32 when I get back from my next trip away.... It's not 100% but if it happens I'll go without a car and get one when I'm home early December time. I'm sort of hoping it happens, because this car has given me a lot of grief over the 18 months to date, been buying too many bits off of LCR boys I think! R32 or 225? The noise an R32 makes is just so good, just think it will kill me on fuel and tax etc, however an LCR has more potential, my konigs and steering wheel can go in and little things like headlight protectors. What do you boys and girls think?

would be a shame mate, given all your hard work but also understand how tempting an R32 would be, if i didn't need mine for the stupid millage i do, id be very tempted to opt for a R32 myself.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
You need to clear your pm's mate :)

Shame your thinking of selling. Whatever you do, get what makes you happy :)

best of luck if you do change.
i think you should keep your car rather than have an lcr as it wouldnt really be much of a change and you could be buying into a whole lot more problems i know you could get that with any car but with an lcr being the same car your be sorting the same problems.

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
some times its better the devil you know, i know youve had troubles with the FR but dont think for one minute that a LCR or an R32 wont give you grief, and be prepared for extra costs in tax, insurance, and petrol. having said that i still love the LCR and R32.

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
I know what you're all saying, but I'm starting to look at it as I'm young at the moment, and I can afford it. If I do sell, I'll keep the konigs but sell the brembos for £450-500 so this will give me £5k to play with. Not including the 2k I'll save being away. Also I'll buy a push bike to ride to work on to keep the pointless miles and fuel costs down. In the current market, decent R32's can be had for £6kish and really nice 225's between £4.5k and £5k. Also, tyres aren't an issue of the sale as I'm keeping mine. I'm swaying towards the 225's at the moment, although a mate from work is going to let me have a go in his s15 silvia to try and persuade me to go rwd.

Sent from my iPhone

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Been rwding abit lately, for to say it I do love it! Mine should be going soon, been prepping it for sale, some paint, and changed the rear 256 carriers for proper 2wd ones! Don't want to see it go though :/

Sent from my iPhone

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
To be honest I do a little too much mileage really, but I'm going to get a push bike for the 3 miler to work. It's totally different to drive, the delivery of power, steering is more precise and the front just wants to grip.... Can't wait for stage1! Ill do a rr for it in a minute.

Bobbybee

Hi Mate
Im new here just joined after buying a leon Cupra TDI.
Sorry to take off subject but where did you buy your blue hoses?
i am having serious turbo lag when i give it the beans i think boost leak but not sure.
Be grateful if you could tell me if someone got vag com around gloucester so i can actually get to the bottom of this as its really frustrating.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Hi Mate
Im new here just joined after buying a leon Cupra TDI.
Sorry to take off subject but where did you buy your blue hoses?
i am having serious turbo lag when i give it the beans i think boost leak but not sure.
Be grateful if you could tell me if someone got vag com around gloucester so i can actually get to the bottom of this as its really frustrating.

Which hoses are you on about because I didn't change any hoses to do with boost.... I changed fuel and water lines which are the Sfs ones from the expansion bottle and the fuel filter. They are from Sfs direct, if you know Gloucester then go to forge Motorsport on Bristol road and they'll point you in the right direction. I am going to get the lite version of vag com when I am home, but I don't actually know anyone directly to help you out my friend sorry.

Sent from my iPhone

Bobbybee

Which hoses are you on about because I didn't change any hoses to do with boost.... I changed fuel and water lines which are the Sfs ones from the expansion bottle and the fuel filter. They are from Sfs direct, if you know Gloucester then go to forge Motorsport on Bristol road and they'll point you in the right direction. I am going to get the lite version of vag com when I am home, but I don't actually know anyone directly to help you out my friend sorry.

Sent from my iPhone
I will try and get my car there but I had a old golf TDI before the Leon and that drove better as in power delivery even with 200k +
I checked this morning and one of the ends where the turbo hose clips on the plastic housing is broken so i think it might be leaking but i am not sure as i don't have enough knowledge.
I was going to clean the throttle body and turbo hoses to see if that makes a difference but i dont have the software to align the throttle afterwards. Previously i have maintained my car my self found the fault and fixed it through online info plainly because i drive the car and know what faults are occurring and how its effecting the drive not because i am a Guru lolz. Nothing major though like i am experiencing now.
It drives okay but there is definitely something that's not right.
If you still have the Leon Tdi may be we can meet and do a test run. As you have one and know how they should drive you can tell me what it might be; hesitant or just the turbo lag. I want to have another opinion and don't want to take it in the garage right away.
I am by the Finlay Road.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Bobbybee - I am out of the country until early December with work. I'd gladly meet up and try to help you, however I can't. Also I don't have a tdi any more, I have a 1.8t Leon. It could be a number of things, best place to start would be replacing that broken hose or clip as this is probably the cause of your lag. It could be sticky vnt's within the turbo caused by carbon build up or it could even be the n75 valve that controls the vacuum pressure to the turbo actuator.

I'd personally find a fix for that hose if you say it's broken, and check all the pipes at the joins for drips of oil as this suggests they're leaking. Once you've fixed that pipe, if you find any more leaky pipes then you should replace the o rings on the ones that are leaking. Let me know when you have fixed that pipe and tell me the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone

Bobbybee

I am going to start with that hose then start replacing and cleaning the hoses with silicon hoses but this morning the EML came on so i am a bit worried now. Drives fine and the light isnt flashing.
There is a meeting in Bristol Thursday which i am attending so i ll have the car hooked to VAGCOM and see whats the issue now.
I will let you know once i ve fixed the issue mate

Haydn1992

Oct 16, 2013
Manchester
Just bought a FR. tidy car, few things need sorting out, but the wheels are being refurbed and paintwork machine polished. 63000 on the clock, FSH, service, 12 MOT month and a 12 month warranty. I have a few plans for the car, but not wanting to do too much due to the warranty.
The day I first saw her.

This is how she is now.

CHASSIS

JOM Coilovers
Fully Powerflex'd Wishbones
Powerflex Steering Rack Bush
S3 Strut Brace
S3 312mm Front Brakes (Awaiting LCR brembo Fitment).
LCR 256mm Vented Rear Brakes
Big Loop ARB
DIY Shortshift
42Draft Solid Shifter Bushes

ENGINE

Mufflerectomy
Decat
EGR Delete, also in VAGCOM
Darkside Developments Shallow tdi Sump
Darkside Developments Braided Oil Feed To Turbo
BMC CDA Induction
Badger5 Custom Code Map - 186BHP and 280 LB/FT (temporary)
Blue Silicone Fuel and Coolant Hoses
SFS Coolant Hoses
Porsche Oil and Coolant Caps
Strut Top Caps
Crank Case Breather to Atmos

EXTERIOR

LCR Front Bumper
Fabia Rear Wiper
Pressed Plates
LED Number Plate LED's
GOLF MKIV OEM Aero Arms
Gloss Black Mirror Caps
Gloss Black Pillar Trims
OEM Headlight Covers
OEM LCR 18" Alloy Wheels
6x4 Oval Exhaust Tip
SCN Stickers
Clear Bulbs

INTERIOR

MKIV R32 Steering Wheel
MKIV R32 Gearknob on Leon Gaitor
R32 Pedal Set
R32 Konig Heated Leather Seats
Black Centre Fascia
Autogauge Boost Gauge
Octavia VRS Perforated Leather Handbrake
GOLF MKIV Leather Armrest
LED Bulb Conversion

She has recently had loads of work due to a few problems.

New OEM DMF and Clutch
Low Mileage EGF Code PD130 Gearbox (due to diff bearings being stronger)
New Driveshafts
New OEM Dogbone Mount
Recon Turbo
Engine/Gearbox Sandwich Plate

During this maintenance, everything involved was cleaned and re fitted with OEM seals and gaskets, including I/C, Inlet manifold and all boost pipes, wether they needed to be removed or not. Engine had 2x oil changes, and 1x filter change due to turbo and sump being fitted within about a week apart from eachother, and turbo seals not seating themselves properly first time round.

This is how she looks today, 24/3/2013, just over a year since I picked her up.

2 questions as I have just bought one myself and standard just won't do
- How low have you gone and what did you need to do to get that low? Heard a lot of stories about the sumps being so low on the TDI and how low affects the driveshaft. Have you had any of these problems or addressed them?
- What parts from the s3 brakes did you need to change to 312mm? I'm thinking of going for some 312mm standard discs up front (as i was told these would use the same calipers) what parts would i need? I heard caliper carriers and pads - what about hoses?

Cheers

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
For me to lower the car to what it was, I bought a big loop arb and for my piece of mind fitted a dark side shallow sump. The arb was because it was getting close to the d/s and the sump was because I hit it a few times and it was leaking ever so slightly from the drain plug. The car had fully poly bushed wishbones, brand new top mounts and bearings and ball joints towards the end too.

To fit the 312mm's all you need is the 312mm carriers and discs. They use the same calliper so no need for hoses or pads, although it's good to bed a new set of discs with a new set of pads.

Sent from my iPhone

Claki

Apr 3, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Long time no speak josh. Ive had a few little updates of my own regarding the Leon check it out?

I want to ask about the counter sunk bolts you used in the engine bay and what are the sizes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.