Leon PD170 Pulling Back and Forth When Cold

DiddlyDonker

Jan 3, 2015
North Wales
Hi guys,

I recently purchased a MK2 SEAT Leon PD170 and have recently noticed that as I pull away when the engine is cold the car kind of pulls forward then releases over and over.

It's hard to explain but it's kind of like just before you stall a car and it starts to kangaroo back and forth. It feels like that but it doesn't stall and it happens around 2000 revs in first second and third gear.

Any ideas what this could be? It's really annoying.

S10EAT

Jul 31, 2010
Eastbourne
Has the car got any kind of tuning box fitted? I have found in the past that it can screw with the engine when it's really cold like it is at the moment.

Could be related to either the coolant temp sensor or fuel temp sensor.

I'm sure someone else will have a better idea than me.

DiddlyDonker

Jan 3, 2015
North Wales
Has the car got any kind of tuning box fitted? I have found in the past that it can screw with the engine when it's really cold like it is at the moment.

Could be related to either the coolant temp sensor or fuel temp sensor.

I'm sure someone else will have a better idea than me.

I'm not to sure what a tuning box is but I haven't modified it in any way

DiddlyDonker

Jan 3, 2015
North Wales
I read somewhere it could also possibly be something with the DMF?

It's still under warranty and I'm taking it to the garage next week to get the folding wing mirrors fixed. What do you reckon I say to them as it's a Toyota garage not a SEAT garage I bought it from and have the warranty with?

Thanks.

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
don't try to tell them what you think it is--just gives them a get out---play daft say" it's wrong and needs fixing --- --it may be their warranty(problem) -- but later may be worth suggesting (when they can't get it right) they consult a SEAT dealer

DiddlyDonker

Jan 3, 2015
North Wales
don't try to tell them what you think it is--just gives them a get out---play daft say" it's wrong and needs fixing --- --it may be their warranty(problem) -- but later may be worth suggesting (when they can't get it right) they consult a SEAT dealer

Thanks for the info. The only problem is it's intermittent, only happens every now and then so i can imagine they won't find anything wrong.

I don't think it's the dpf as I drove from North Wales to Shrewsbury today, 90 miles each way which should have cleared it out and the problem is still happening.

DiddlyDonker

Jan 3, 2015
North Wales
Took it to the garage and they fixed all my other issues but couldn't find anything to do with this. Told me to wait until it gets worse then bring it back.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.