Alarm Fuse

Robbinz

Feb 7, 2015
Edinburgh
Ok so I have seen a couple of posts but none giving a definative answer.

My car alarm is going off randomly all the time now. I have tried opening and closing all the doors to make sure they are well closed. I have tried the "Double click" on the key method to disable the internal sensor. Neither seems to work. I am guessing from previous posts that it is most likely a nackered sensor (most likely the boot latch).

However at this point I just want to stop the alarm from going off.

So to my question.....

I noticed in the manual there is a fuse for the Alarm. Or it is at least titled "Alarm". Does this stop the alarm from arming? There was another post previously that someone asked but he never really got a clear answer. Someone said on that post that the alarm has its own batteries.

Does anyone know anything about this. It would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

:cry:

craig lcr

Oct 19, 2006
cleveland
I asked the same questions before. I havent had chance to have it on VCDS yet.
I just removed the fuse it stopped the alarm going off all the time. The central locking still works.
Someone else at work told me it could be the sensor that is used for car movement or something like that. Apparently it common has it on his golf.

Robbinz

Feb 7, 2015
Edinburgh
Cheers for the reply. I done it last night and the alarm is off now. Which is great.

I have ordered the Vag Com cable. Its in the amazon pickup now.

Thanks for the help.

Robbinz

Feb 7, 2015
Edinburgh
For the record....I checked again last night and the fuse ONLY removes the audible alarm.

The lights will still go off.

Damn

craig lcr

Oct 19, 2006
cleveland
Thats where mine differs since i removed the fuse the alarm stoped going off and the lights dont flash either.
That makes me think mine might be a fault with the alarm itself.

Robbinz

Feb 7, 2015
Edinburgh
Possibly bud, but yours is an older Cupra R Mk1 right?

Mines is just a standard Cupra Mk2. So it may be a different set up electrically.

Mines is really starting to Pi*£ me off now. Waiting on the Vag Com cable to come :=\

craig lcr

Oct 19, 2006
cleveland
No mines a mk2 fr. I use to have a mk1 lcr
I havent found anyone local to put it on vag.com at least not someone who doesnt want a fortune.
If i find out whats wrong with mine i will post it up.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members