Josh's MK1 LCR Wellycooler Fitted!

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Cheers Eric, nowhere near as good of a build thread as others though. Yeah, get a badger5 one! I would recommend the setup I have negative the filter and the heatshield, jabba sport heat is probably the best looking one you can get but it's fit is ****. Also, the filter doesn't fit it's too big and it's foam which isn't the best. I just got it to follow my colour scheme! Bills tip comes with hose fittings.

I've actually been to Bills today to pick up my new filter. It's the bmc twin cone I said I was going to get. I just need to order a maf now, whatever suspension I choose to upgrade and a catch can set up as it appears I have a PVC leak. I'm going to get a 42dd catch can I think, and black hoses and fittings to keep the look under the bonnet and get rid of all of that rubbish PVC stuff. Makes the forge hose I bought the other day pointless though, oh well.

After Sean's bad luck today, I really need to check my manifold for a crack, it is definitely lagging a little more lately, and as soon as I saw Sean's was blowing it had me thinking. Could be a last minute mani change, then later onto hybrid k04 etc. we'll see though.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
The V3 is the same as mine, can't fault it. Jetex comes are good too, used to have one but I changed it in the end. I doubt it will be long, he's always selling them!

I've just done some ordering lol.
42dd catch can. £115!!!! For a can with two 19mm inlets/outlets
All the pipe work and clamps etc
Super pro arb bushes
Weitec 50/40 springs. £30 cheaper from Germany!
I'm going to ring Damien on Monday and order a RARB.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Yeah they're ST made by weitec. I'll PM you the price.

In the mean time, always wanted another r32 steering wheel or a momo team, ideally the 300 but I got this yesterday with a genuine momo mk4 boss and a porsche horn, which will be getting replaced. It's a 280, probably will be getting sold lol.

de12b87fb4639388fef4e864710424a7.jpg

the BMC.

bd94800cb0d60ffb791f56b21dbd7e9d.jpg

Last edited:

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Stick your head between manifold and bulkhead. Get someone to rev it. You'll soon tell if its blowing/leaking.

Ive ordered myself a v2.2 tip from bill and his manifold. Being in Gloucester most weekends I really ought to pop in and say hello!

Ive also got some -30mm springs coming from ecp. For the grand sum of £56!

I should update my thread instead of spamming yours though!!

Good luck with the manifold mate. Let me know

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Yeah I'll have a good look tomorrow. Bill says he can still map it with a blow, obviously not fully stage 2 but once I'd sorted the problem if there is one it would just be a tweek. Say hello to Bill or me? What make are they for £56?
Cheers, will do through here.
Been spending on her again, lots! New stoppers inbound, nice and big lol.

Sean886

May 15, 2014
I should say hello!

And they're apex springs.

Them porker brakes are gawjus!!!

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
How on earth did you manage to get them for ~half price?! Was considering those myself the other day, at that price it'd be an easy choice but I assume there's trade discount or similar involved? :p

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Came home to a few parcels. Also, 5 missed parcels. Brakes, springs and a TV hopefully.

Bought a new project to tidy up too, a 1994 Honda CB500. POS but another quick turn around hopefully.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Everything's been delivered negative caliper, which should be today. They'll be getting fitted after the map though, can't fit everything in before I don't think.
4625d0cdb9a28cf320ee38d0690f9282.jpg

cf14d1316020cc22d49b2c5a7903792b.jpg

96d611367d8b73bee0849dd1126fde91.jpg

The new shed lol.
ac01b7b757c5126844b3cbba5308daf3.jpg

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
And they're not getting fitted because one of the callipers is ****ed. Idiot seller, one of the bleed nipples has had a repair, the pads are ruined and the paint is **** on them. Can you tell I'm annoyed? All the hassle of returning stuff because someone lied on the for sale ad and hid the repaired nipple in the ad phots! £700 wasted, now I've got to post stuff back very annoyed! Just going to spunk the money on something else.

Claki

Apr 3, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Unlucky Mate. I find buying anything these day is a massive risk. So many people lie about what they are selling. sad really. Ive just read this whole thread, Its coming on nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Not updated this in ages! A lot has happened, including it being taken off the road. I need to upgrade Tapatalk on my iPad to upload photos but I'll do that shortly and get some up.

The brakes were sent back, got a refund for everything despite messing people around due to the shoddy repair on one of the callipers forcing me to send it back.

I've fitted the 42dd catch can, didn't cause me much trouble and looks quite subtle in the bay.
I replaced the maf with a new oem unit, £90 at trade I was quite happy with that.
Cleaned the tb, and replaced the gasket to inlet with a new oem one, and realigned with my LG.
Added a cold air feed from the passenger fog light hole.
Serviced my 007p and added the revised piston.
Oil, filter and coolant change with a new coolant tank.
Swapped the pipercross for a JR twin cone.

I'm sure there is more but I can't think what else I did before the map.

Stage 2 map.

It went really well, I was surprised actually. It had 2 leaks, both from the pcv, sort of. One was the pipe from the tip, I'd obviously not tightened the jubilee enough, and the other was from the dipstick which has now been replaced by the oem one and Jcaps item will be getting sold. No boost leaks though.
During the map the car went into limp mode, the ecu couldn't process the amount of air it was drawing in which I suppose is a good thing. It made 283.9 bhp and 276.6 ft/lb on Bills dyno! So, anywhere else would be nearer 300 I'd imagine but I still claim 283. Bill added GBB, which is amazing considering the car is 11 years old!

I'm away for a few more weeks but the mot runs out early next month, and I've got a few things to do for it. I relocated the horn to the passenger footwell when I did the welly cooler and now only one of them works and that sounds like a high pitch fart where it's gotten wet. I haven't done the seat resistors yet so I'm going to borrow the leather/alcantra from my tdi for the mot. Also the decat is a problem this time, I've got to find a friendly tester, I have one in mind but I don't know if he is happy doing it.

So, I've bought an e36 328 coupe for the time being. (Might have bought coilovers, 325 welded diff and an m50 inlet too). It's a steal off a mate, so I'm going to drive that as I'm away again in 2 months for 5 weeks and I'll get mine sorted when I'm home from that trip, put the Beemer back to standard.... Maybe and sell it and sell the bits. The cb 500 needs doing too but that can wait.

A long one but it's overdue.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.