Crease above C Pillar!!!!!!!!

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
As the subject, I've recently noticed on two mk2 Leon Cupra's a perfect (although hard to spot) crease above the C Pillar on both sides of the car. It's got me thinking what has caused it, could it be a defect in the chassis design that makes this a point of weakness or is it due to modifying the handling/chassis etc?

So, does anyone else have these creases or noticed them on any other Cupra's etc? As I said, they were quite hard to see but once noticed I cannot stop seeing them. I first spotted them on a car in a detailing studio with awesome lighting. It took me a while to spot them on a car outside but they are definitely there.

If anyone else does have them then what modifications do you have?

I'd love to be able to get to the bottom of what's causing these as its driving me nuts!:cry:

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Mine has the same thing, noticed it not long after buying it as was hard to see in certain light.

Does seem weird to get a defect/dent in that area but hasn't bothered me enough to look into it.

Mine was completely standard at purchase so don't think modifications has anything to do with it?

Mines in this area on the offside

a2ce3a9ee12f58380b75a874e581810d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
If it is due to stress/flex then that sort of thing can usually be fixed by fitting strengthening plates to relevant areas of the car but it is quite a complicated and skilled task to do. While doing that may prevent distortion at those particular points in the roof, if you get it wrong you may end up just transferring any stress/distortion to other areas of the car instead.

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
The ultra racing rear underbrace would most likely help a lot. Me and Matt have them fitted. Got it from AKS tuning, improved the handling and im sure would combat this issue.

Unfortunately I already had the dents before fitting it

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
I'll have to look out for this tomorrow, mine's black and I've not noticed anything like that at the moment. I'll have a look and see if it's on mine too.

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
As the subject, I've recently noticed on two mk2 Leon Cupra's a perfect (although hard to spot) crease above the C Pillar on both sides of the car. It's got me thinking what has caused it, could it be a defect in the chassis design that makes this a point of weakness or is it due to modifying the handling/chassis etc?

So, does anyone else have these creases or noticed them on any other Cupra's etc? As I said, they were quite hard to see but once noticed I cannot stop seeing them. I first spotted them on a car in a detailing studio with awesome lighting. It took me a while to spot them on a car outside but they are definitely there.

If anyone else does have them then what modifications do you have?

I'd love to be able to get to the bottom of what's causing these as its driving me nuts!:cry:

I noticed mine has two on the N/S above the C pillar and was wondering how they got there? Very hard to spot on a white car! O/S doesn't have any.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Opened a can of worms here Nod lol youre about to send every detail crazy Leon owner into meltdown if they haven't noticed till now :D I had two FRs and never noticed over 200k of mileage, that said most of my driving was motorway...

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Had a look today and couldn't see anything untoward, however on the drivers side, not sure if I was seeing something because I was looking for it. There was definitely not a crease but a slight ripple in the paint. I need to look again as the car's filthy and I was taking my missus out so couldn't spend too long inspecting it. I'll have a look again tomorrow and confirm.

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Had a look today and couldn't see anything untoward, however on the drivers side, not sure if I was seeing something because I was looking for it. There was definitely not a crease but a slight ripple in the paint. I need to look again as the car's filthy and I was taking my missus out so couldn't spend too long inspecting it. I'll have a look again tomorrow and confirm.
I think it'd be more accurate if I'd described it as a ripple on my car too......a crease is a little over the top.
It was really hard to notice on mine and the other car I saw it on was in a detailing studio which literally shows up EVERY defect from a mile away!
Checked mine today mate can't see any defect on either side.
Good news for you buddy......Glad to hear it! :thumbup:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
I can't see any creases either (chrono yellow)

Although you can hear all the door seals creaking when going over uneven ground (driving off a curb, ramps on a multi-storey car park, etc) as if the car flexes. Had this on both my mk2's

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members