Greetings from Düsseldorf

roughobject

Feb 11, 2015
Meerbusch, Germany
Good evening everyone, Chris here from Meerbusch in Germany.
I'm a Brummie born and raised but now out of the UK for 25 years, in Luxembourg, Frankfurt and Warsaw before coming to rest near Düsseldorf.
I guess I'm one of the more (ahem) senior members of the group... previous history includes a TVR Chim, a Boxster and a 3.5 litre turbo Senator, plus at least five company BMWs and a highly dependable Espace (approaching 200K km) for the child-rearing phase.
But the kids are gone so I've treated myself to a new Leon Cupra 280 DSG - it was €38K list but available at €29K, a great help in selling it to Mrs Rough. Handover was meant to be Monday but a frustrating delay in the arrival of the near-obligatory winter tyres means it'll now be Friday - with a huge amount of luck tomorrow but I'm not betting on it.
I really like what I've seen of this forum and I'm looking forward to joining in.

roughobject

Feb 11, 2015
Meerbusch, Germany
Picked up the Cupra this afternoon... and after only 25km I can already say it's going to be one of the most incredibly fun cars I've ever owned. Blown away and thrilled like a wee kid, me. Now off to run a completely unnecessary errand for a first after-dark experience.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.