what have you done to your car today ?

Gabster

Apr 15, 2010
Dorset
re spray front bumper, back to chrome grill ring

That is one shiny Leon :thumbup:

I'm planning to do all cosmetics, wheel refurb, interior cosmetics, all that will make the car look new in Hungary when I'll be driving there for the F1 race in the summer!

Looking forward to it :)

And what have I done today? Took my Leon to a carwash to get rid of al the salt from the road.

Jimmy3rown

Nov 28, 2013
Hampshire
Any partnrs? Also: does it need modding or straight swap?

Apparently the VW part number is 6Q6 955 707 C, but you can search for VW Golf, Polo & Touran rear wiper on eBay. I paid £9. It's a straight swap, I think it's better made than Fabia. Yes it's shorter & doesn't clear as much, but it clears enough.

Paul1974

Leon FR MK1
Mar 12, 2013
Buckinghamshire
but with the new exhaust going on the car and lets say that its a cobra one,surley it makes sence to fit that instead of some O E exhaust that wont last as long as the cobra one,plus the cobra one would be better built?
kinda like fiting LED lights to the car as compared to the std lights that came with the car,is classed a modification or just improvement to the car its self?

Bang on, I put mine on for longevity rather than performance, by never needing to replace it. I did tell the insurance, as we all know if you have an accident they find any way possible to wrangle out of it!

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Got a bargain 007p on eBay, waiting for it to arrive before I decided if I need a refurb kit for it. It'd still make it half the price of a new one :D

The car's in tomorrow for a full service and MOT ... NGK Iridium spark plugs and some nice high spec spec 0w40 oil.

chrissgoduk

Jun 22, 2011
somerset
found some bubbly paint on my front wings, yeah love rust.
didn't think cars rusted any more.

any body have a pair of platinum grey wings kicking around????

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Fitted a connect2 so I can listen to my phone via the original head unit. Then fitted a new n75 valve. Car was surging slightly on full boost in the higher gears.

Owenski68

Oct 18, 2014
North Wales
Had a sticking handbrake...sprayed some Muck Off onto the back of the caliper where the arm is and gave it a good scrub to get rid of the accumulated dirt.

Rinsed it and squirted WD 40 onto the swivel point of the arm.

Worked the handbrake and gave it a tap to return it to its parked position...a bit stiff....several times.

Finally sprayed the swivel point with lithium grease...sorted...no more slack in the handbrake cable.

Im also going to buy springs to aid the return of the cable.

Last edited:

Bouncerbeater

Old enough to know better
Mar 15, 2013
Gloucestershire
Re did the usual door seals today. That's both our Leon's have been done now. Might even be able to dry the carpet out now :D
Pop the dehumidifier in for a couple of days will do the trick

chrissgoduk

Jun 22, 2011
somerset
egr

cleaned out egr yesterday that was a lovely job. at least the gate wont stick shut now.
and I can drive it. what a dirty job that was. on the upside I can now see into the inlet so
she should be able to breath properly now.

now to find out how to turn the egr down to as low as possible.