My lost Kiwi Green Cupra R

cupra rida

Apr 16, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Hi i was wondering if you guys could help me at all i dont know how to navigate the site or where to go to ask the question. End of last year i sold my much loved Leon Cupra R 265 in kiwi green. 2 days ago i found it for sale online and i have been searching to buy it back. I phoned the dealer who had it and the guy was the most unhelpful person ive ever met. I told him my situation that i was desperate to get the car back and he basically just laughed at me and said it had been sold. I asked him if he could contact the buyer and see if i could do a deal with them even offering to pay them more money for it etc but he would not help me. This is my last hope of finding it through the website because im guessing the guy who bought it is a Seat lover like myself and so will be involved in this website. Can you guide me or help me at all? Thanks

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Don't know of anybody with a Kiwi R on here, it's a rare colour so I'm sure I'd have remembered if someone had posted pictures.

Can you not look to buy another that's actually for sale?

cupra rida

Apr 16, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
I would but its a 1 of a kind. When i bought it the only previous owner was Seat Uk as it was the original press car when it came out. Its the only Cupra R i think registered on a 59 plate. JUst put a deposit down on a white one anyway to get me through until i find it again. MAybe just spray this one kiwi green.....haha

Colto

Apr 3, 2014
Scotland
You won't actually believe this, but it was me who bought the car. Been searching for a nice cupra for the past 10 months and then when this one came up only 14 miles away and the fact it was an R, i had to go see it.
I was actually waiting for the place to open as i knew it would be a rare car, as in the past 10 months i had only saw one other kiwi and it wasn't an R and when i saw it had to have it. Paid my deposit and when i came back to collect it, the guy had said the original owner had phoned about it, to which i thought it was just some made up story, but obviously i was wrong.
Found this thread when googling to see if i could find any other kiwi Rs, but unfortunatley, there's no chance i'll be selling it anytime soon, as it's exactly what i had been searching for.

cupra rida

Apr 16, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
I dont actually believe it haha. Number plate starting KM59? Ye the guy at the dealership was taking the piss telling me to pay £2000 deposit over the phone for it.........
Would you by any chance keep me in mind if you ever did come to sell it? As i would still snatch it off your hands. Thanks

Colto

Apr 3, 2014
Scotland
I dont actually believe it haha. Number plate starting KM59? Ye the guy at the dealership was taking the piss telling me to pay £2000 deposit over the phone for it.........
Would you by any chance keep me in mind if you ever did come to sell it? As i would still snatch it off your hands. Thanks

Sorry for the late reply! Haha did he? I had already been and paid a deposit too! Yep, its KM59. I will do, but i can't see it being for quite a while.

Last edited:

cupra rida

Apr 16, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Colto, i know its been a while but i still haven't forgotten about my lost Kiwi Cupra R. Just wondered if you still had her and if so hows she doing? Also, still completely interested if you ever wanted to sell her. Thanks

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Colto, i know its been a while but i still haven't forgotten about my lost Kiwi Cupra R. Just wondered if you still had her and if so hows she doing? Also, still completely interested if you ever wanted to sell her. Thanks

Yeah, I wonder whether the white stains on the drivers seat came out, :bleh:

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Yeah, I wonder whether the white stains on the drivers seat came out, :bleh:

...lol, sounds like my passenger seat!

Sorry about your lost love. It's a shame you were so close to having it back. Feel your pain. :cry:

Colto

Apr 3, 2014
Scotland

Hi Mate,

Still have Kiwi, but shes been retired off of daily duty now. Got everything ready for it to be mapped to 2+ at the end of the year, but apart from that, just been enjoying driving it.

I'll keep you in mind if i ever want to sell

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members