Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
Nice write up. I should be getting those tires on mine when I take delivery of my cupra end of the month... just hope mine don't end up like that too soon! ;)

Not a fan of the estate myself, but each to their own.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Great report and interview Scott, thank you. Looks like a fantastic car, practical and fun, after the SC, this may have to be my next car. .;)

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
In the article is that the picture of the "Navigation System High"?

I was expecting a different look compared to the standard Sat Nav

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
In the article is that the picture of the "Navigation System High"?

I was expecting a different look compared to the standard Sat Nav

The maps are the same but the screen is crisper. The other interface has changed more.

main.php

Full res version

Scott

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
What an excellent review and interview. Well done Syphon. Great to see the enthusiasm in the Seat team. What a fantastic car and a grown up choice for us older members as our families and driving needs develop.:cheers:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Nice review Scott, must say I'm very tempted by these.....I was following the release of the Golf R Sportwagen and leaning towards a 3-series M-Sport but these seem great value in comparison......I will be waiting till the summer before changing my car but it's certainly on my radar.

Think I've found a bit of love for the brand again after a quick European jaunt in the Wife's FR, we did 1,300 miles in 4 days the car coped great through sleet, fog, rain etc.....one day I averaged 72mph and 46MPG over 300 miles with 4 people and luggage which seemed pretty impressive to me...but I need something slightly bigger along side it as it's just a bit too small for all the family....This ST Cupra would have been even better for the job

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Nice review Scott, must say I'm very tempted by these.....I was following the release of the Golf R Sportwagen and leaning towards a 3-series M-Sport but these seem great value in comparison......I will be waiting till the summer before changing my car but it's certainly on my radar.

Think I've found a bit of love for the brand again after a quick European jaunt in the Wife's FR, we did 1,300 miles in 4 days the car coped great through sleet, fog, rain etc.....one day I averaged 72mph and 46MPG over 300 miles with 4 people and luggage which seemed pretty impressive to me...but I need something slightly bigger along side it as it's just a bit too small for all the family....This ST Cupra would have been even better for the job

Hi Steve,

Sorry, missed this post.

Yes very good car. Holders have one in if you want to check it out.

Scott

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
See the delectable Rebecca Jackson test the ST Leon Cupra 280 in Grey with the orange pack just posted last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv0VYbRiIkc

I think she likes the car, except the orange wheels of course - why would you?!?!?!?

Rebecca is lovely.

I don't know why SEAT are giving out the car with orange line wheels. Not many people like them. They would be a lot better off putting the black line on if any.

Last edited:

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Yes agree, black line is the business and is my only slight regret on not speccing this.

POLKR - you got a firm delivery date yet, I'm still hoping for end of this month?

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
Yes agree, black line is the business and is my only slight regret on not speccing this.

POLKR - you got a firm delivery date yet, I'm still hoping for end of this month?

It arrived at port of Tyne on Saturday so I expect it to arrive at the dealer this week. Nothing concrete though. I was given a Skoda Superb Estate as a loaner. When they told me what they were giving me I though I needed to get my pipe and slippers out ! I have been really pleasantly surprised though, its an excellent car. My wife even wants me to keep it over the cupra which she hasn't seen yet . Hmm, yeah right.

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Yes I was impressed by the Superb Estate when I tried one at Millbrook on a fleet day - a really nice car. Great that your car is in the country now - can't wait to see pictures of it!

Yes my other half hasn't seen the ST Cupra yet either - hope she likes it!

Last edited:

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
We are hijacking this thread.

Spoke to the dealer. He is going to call the haulage company and find out when the car will be here. Its enroute. It'll be this afternoon or tomorrow morning.Yay.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.