K1 Exhaust options

neil_1821

Jan 9, 2011
Hi guys,

Got a quick question about my K1.

It's pretty much stayed the same as when i bought it, just having great fun driving it and I bloody love it, however the one thing that really niggles me about it is the exhaust.

Initially it never sat in the middle, which i fixed, but now it seems to drop and I don't think it's supported that well if i'm honest. It's a turbo back millet exhaust system with de-cat.

The thing is, you can see the rear silencer just looking from the back, but on other K1's i've seen you can't see their silencer and the exhaust is a good fit close to the bumper.

Sooooo, what are my options? Get a different back box? Cut out the silencer and have straight pipe welded in instead? (slightly worried it'd be overly loud at that with no silencers)

Keen to see what you'd recommend as I'm all out of ideas

the standard exhaust on k1s are visible but they are painted black,so id suggest painting the part that you dont like seeing with heat resistant matte black paint :)
you can get poly exhaust mount bushes which might do a better job at holding the exhaust up or you could put a jubilee clip around the bush itself so it goes around the mounts on the outside of the bush this will stop the bush from sagging and making your exhaust drop.

Last edited:

Robbo-K1

Oct 18, 2013
Hull
As above ^^

Also, the brackets on the Milltek backbox at the sides, can be unbolted and turned the other way? Maybe they are on the wrong way round from when first fitted and could potentially causing it to be lower than its suppose to be?

neil_1821

Jan 9, 2011
Ah right, thanks for the advice.

Can't really turn them around, in order to get the exhaust in the middle I welded on a steel plate to push it over so can't swap them over now.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.