Decat help? LCR

DlllonJ

BAM
Apr 27, 2014
Bedfordshire
I did search but didn't quite find exactly what I wanted so I was looking for advice on decats.

Firstly can they just be put straight onto the standard exhaust system in place of the original cat?

Would you need to buy a specific down pipe or could just replace the oem down pipe and cat with a milltek, cobra or scorpion down pipe and decat while keeping the standard cat back on the car? (mainly to save up for the rest of the system)

If they can just be swapped out how difficult is it, is it literally a few nuts and bolts or does it involve gaskets with sealants and stuff?

Any information would be appreciated.

hyphon12

Daft Member
Jun 7, 2011
Scottish Borders
There's different decats to go for. You can get one to fit onto your standard Down pipe, but Most people go for a 3" Down pipe and decat as the standard Down pipe comes off the turbo and straight into 2 separate pipes, then there's a cat on each pipe which then joins back into one. So you get a lot better flow with a 3" DP and decat vs a standard DP with a suitable decat.

Standard vs 3" DP
13112009016.jpg

Last edited:

DlllonJ

BAM
Apr 27, 2014
Bedfordshire
There's different decats to go for. You can get one to fit onto your standard Down pipe, but Most people go for a 3" Down pipe and decat as the standard Down pipe comes off the turbo and straight into 2 separate pipes, then there's a cat on each pipe which then joins back into one. So you get a lot better flow with a 3" DP and decat vs a standard DP with a suitable decat.

Standard vs 3" DP
13112009016.jpg

So what are the likes of the down pipes and decats you see on eBay for £100 like the turborevs ones, they're 3" so what are they like? They're only £86 so will they be a waste of time or is there not much to a down pipe and decat.

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Those DPs on eBay IE from TurboRevs are for the cupra models only, will not fit cupra R which I assume you have?

If you're going to do it all at some point then I'd wait and save and get the complete 3" Cobra system from DP back. If you can't wait you can either get a scorpion decat which fits between standard DP & exhaust system or get a 3" DP & decat bundle like Milltek or relentless

DlllonJ

BAM
Apr 27, 2014
Bedfordshire
Those DPs on eBay IE from TurboRevs are for the cupra models only, will not fit cupra R which I assume you have?

If you're going to do it all at some point then I'd wait and save and get the complete 3" Cobra system from DP back. If you can't wait you can either get a scorpion decat which fits between standard DP & exhaust system or get a 3" DP & decat bundle like Milltek or relentless

Yeah I've got a Cupra R 225.

So in that case if I were to swap the standard cat out for a scorpion decat, could I then strap a Milltek resonated cat back system onto that in the future?

Any normal person would probably save, but I'm too impatient.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members