Charge pipe heat wrap.

tchallenger

Feb 20, 2014
So I had some titanium heat wrap lying around and thought why not wrap the charge pipe? I've seen it on a couple of BT builds and Jap scrap...

My understanding is that it will keep the heat from the engine bay till it's cooled by the big welly on the front ?

Going to course any problems ? Going to damage anything ?

827bd3646b34de25c07620ecfa010866.jpg

Any ideas or help appreciated ! As Tbh I'm not sure anymore

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Heat wrap is to keep the heat in ,with exhausts to keep the gases travelling quick, I would expect any sort of heat dissipation on its way through to the cooler would be more of an advantage than disadvantage

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
I have some on charge pipe (LC180) as well, as it is pushing against a pipe with coolant. Also it will keep the heat in, as radiant heat has no place to go (or less), so underbonnet heat will drop a bit

Last edited:

tchallenger

Feb 20, 2014
Would've thought you'd want the heat to get out of the charge pipe. Looks the part though, nice heatshield too.
Thanks RDS I'm pretty happy with how it's all coming together. I'm in two minds maybe trying to keep heat in/away till it gets to the wing less heat in the engine bay I dunno but looks good though in my mind Haha. One day be up to your standard if I'm lucky

tchallenger

Feb 20, 2014
I have some on charge pipe (LC180) as well, as it is pushing against a pipe with coolant. Also it will keep the heat in, as radiant heat has no place to go (or less), so underbonnet heat will drop a bit
That's what I was thinking Nd.... Guess time will tell !

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members