MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters
Mar 13, 2011
Shows how popular they are, and the best looking IMO

Hmm.., not sure I agree with that. The wheels are my least favourite aspect of the Cupras styling. Doesn't matter what colour the contrasting bits are painted, the style of them just doesn't suit the car very well (in my opinion). Thought they were growing on me at one point, but that was just my initial happiness with the car clouding my view. Fact is, I didn't like them when I first saw pictures and almost 9 months into owning the car I still don't much like them.

Subjective I know, but me I'd prefer something else. Quite liked the "pavonis" ones on our old mk2.

cyclone7569

Sep 29, 2008
Hello folks. Relative newbie here - please be gentle !
Hoping you can help with embarrassingly insignificant Cupra 280 question as I'm thinking of getting one - am due to have a test drive in one on Saturday. I used to have a Mk 2 Leon FR and am obviously thinking of returning to the Seat badge.
Anyhoo, have obviously looked at every conceivable image of the 280 on the interweb and my difficulty is in sometimes working out paintwise which is an ice silver car and which is a dynamic grey car. The brochure is fine but best to see real photos, if you know what I mean.
If anyone has any photos that might help it'd be muchos appreciated - ta.

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Yes must admit that I like the standard Cupra 280 titanium best, though also like the black pack finish, but would never part with £500 for the pack. Speaking to the DtD dealer on Thursday to get the latest on delivery estimate.

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
Yes must admit that I like the standard Cupra 280 titanium best, though also like the black pack finish, but would never part with £500 for the pack. Speaking to the DtD dealer on Thursday to get the latest on delivery estimate.

It really grated having to get the black line pack but its a company car. The wait till the beginning of June is long enough never mind August/Sept for a standard car.

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Just ordered my first ever SEAT :)!

SEAT Leon Sport Tourer
2.0TSI Cupra 280 DSG
Emocion Red
Black Leather incl Winter Park & Electrically operated drivers seat
Electric Panoramic Sunroof
Adaptive Cruise Control with Front Assist
Rear Side Airbags
Driver Assist Pack
Safety Pack
Navigation System High Including SEAT Sound System
5 Year Extended Warranty
3 Year Service Plan

Will keep you all posted on progress

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Cheers - really looking forward to getting it. This will be my first brand new car since 1990 which back then was a Renault 5 GT Turbo Raider in dark blue - great fun but so unreliable!

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
Just ordered my first ever SEAT :)!

SEAT Leon Sport Tourer
2.0TSI Cupra 280 DSG
Emocion Red
Black Leather incl Winter Park & Electrically operated drivers seat
Electric Panoramic Sunroof
Adaptive Cruise Control with Front Assist
Rear Side Airbags
Driver Assist Pack
Safety Pack
Navigation System High Including SEAT Sound System
5 Year Extended Warranty
3 Year Service Plan

Will keep you all posted on progress

A lot of kit in there. Welcome fellow waiter for ST CUPRA car!! When did they say you would have your car?

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Thanks Polkr! Dealer couldn't confirm delivery time as such, but thinks 24 weeks ie August, but hopes a little sooner perhaps - they didn't know anything about the alleged shortage of std titanium finish 19" alloys.

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
Thanks Polkr! Dealer couldn't confirm delivery time as such, but thinks 24 weeks ie August, but hopes a little sooner perhaps - they didn't know anything about the alleged shortage of std titanium finish 19" alloys.

Seat may contact the dealer and say if you take different wheels it will cut delivery time. Mine got reduced from 24-14 weeks by taking either the black line pack or the black sub 8 wheels as a £600 option by themselves.

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Thanks POLKR - be interesting to see if that is the case with my dealer, who had no knowledge about wheel supply issues when I mentioned it. If I did accept the Black Pack, I would want it significantly discounted, otherwise I think I would wait.

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
These wheel shortages were around when I ordered last June, seems odd they still have the issue. If I were Seat I'd be a bit pee'd off with my wheel supplier (presuming they are outsourced from the likes of Ronal etc).

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
Thanks POLKR - be interesting to see if that is the case with my dealer, who had no knowledge about wheel supply issues when I mentioned it. If I did accept the Black Pack, I would want it significantly discounted, otherwise I think I would wait.

I asked for a discount but it was either pay or wait. Im too impatient.

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
I wonder if I will get a phonecall this week from the dealer asking me to convert to a Black Pack in order to get my ST Cupra sooner than 6 months, will keep you all informed!

Rayman

Jan 7, 2015
Ireland
So this is the month my 280 will arrive. Or so I am told by the dealer. That will be 10 or 12 weeks and the previous weeks seem to have flown by. I actually ordered that black pack as I preferred the alloys to the standard, and it was only €300.

Rayman

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
So this is the month my 280 will arrive. Or so I am told by the dealer. That will be 10 or 12 weeks and the previous weeks seem to have flown by. I actually ordered that black pack as I preferred the alloys to the standard, and it was only €300.

Rayman

How can it be 300 euros when its £500 in the UK? Weird

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow

Rayman

Just had a look at the Irish site. They don't have an option for a black pack or any colour pack. Front and rear parking sensors are optional though,

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.