Radar detector

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
I would say around 2-3MB / 100 miles. You can reduce that even further by preplanning the route on wifi. It then caches the map for the route you've selected.

Last edited:

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
The problem with these types is that they can't locate cams that are hidden/vans etc, you need a good radar/laser detector that also has a built in GPS database, and they don't come cheap.

What can detect laser via GPS? or have I misunderstood?

This is the kind of thing, I used this make away back when I used to speed everywhere, it won all the tests ran by the motoring mags then.

http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/valentine-one-g3.htm

Once alerted to laser I'm afraid it's to late..

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
What can detect laser via GPS? or have I misunderstood?

Yes, the radar/laser detectors will locate the cams/guns that are portable, but GPS will show all the fixed cams, you will need both.

Once alerted to laser I'm afraid it's to late..

Only with cheap ones, the Valentine 1 passed all tests against laser too, and I ran one for years and always slowed down before trap. But even if you have all of above (and even a jammer) the biggest threat these days are unmarked cars and bikes that no detector will spot, that's why I no longer have any and use my eyes and intuition and try and keep the speeding to country roads and not on the long straights that seem to be favoured by the plod.:whistle:

sdccupra

Sep 4, 2014
Waze also for me. Long journeys i listen to music via Spotify via Bluetooth to car speakers. But waze is running in backround and if there is a alert(like a speed camera, police etc) it will for a brief second override the music and alert you.

In Estonia at least there are heavy fines + confiscation of radar/laser detector as police have also radar detector detectors. In reality two feasible detectors that can be used without police knowing about it were beltronics sti magnum and one more(i cant remember the name atm) that have no radar leakage and are basically immune to detection equipment.

Last edited:

golf gti dude

Lottery win needed.
Sep 2, 2012
Chester/Shanghai
I remember installing waze years ago when they were very new so I had to plot new roads and then upload them to the server, for every mile I plotted I got points on my account. Not been on for a while so might install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.