looking for around 260 to 280bhp

irishcupra04

Aug 8, 2014
I have standard exhaust wit decat and forge ricirc valve....much point in putting front mount? Goin for custom map soon

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Just a remap should get you to 250-260 but better off getting turbo back exhaust, FMIC,uprated filter and 3 inch TIP and going stage 2. Should be about 280-290 then

irishcupra04

Aug 8, 2014
Don't really want the car too loud....rather keep it quiet as possible....I have open filter on it at the moment too had pipercross panel filter in it before that both don't really seem to make much difference apart from noise....are the two front mount intercoolers not very efficient? Not alot of space behind the bumper to put a big front mount.... Help much appreciated

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
plenty of room for fmic, 100's manage it

next step on injectors is 550cc bosch, BUT you assume your setup will achieve the figures you seek, and I can tell you from the ones I see every week, very few are up to it and need all good mods and a decent healthy engine to get the best from the Correct Supporting Mods

irishcupra04

Aug 8, 2014
Im not getting too deep into this car tbh....I tuned a starlet for a few years and seen 380hp from it....The seat will be a road car not drag tho... I want some easy power....get the exhaust flowing a bit better try the intake temp down and up the boost a small bit nothing too crazy....will see how she gets on soon on the dyno....very good engine comp test was spot on and wit only 70k on it...Wishful at 280 but we will see....I'm sure my mapper will let me know when the injectors are maxed! Are they 440cc standard? Ain't really done too much homework as of yet on the cupra r not many in Ireland...

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Im not getting too deep into this car tbh....I tuned a starlet for a few years and seen 380hp from it....The seat will be a road car not drag tho... I want some easy power....get the exhaust flowing a bit better try the intake temp down and up the boost a small bit nothing too crazy....will see how she gets on soon on the dyno....very good engine comp test was spot on and wit only 70k on it...Wishful at 280 but we will see....I'm sure my mapper will let me know when the injectors are maxed! Are they 440cc standard? Ain't really done too much homework as of yet on the cupra r not many in Ireland...

386cc std @3bar

irishcupra04

Aug 8, 2014
Wat size Intercooler suits best? Links for decent front mount? Are the two coolers on the car not efficient?

IrishCupra

Mar 25, 2013
Wat dimensions r the standard intercoolers? Wat kinda size Intercooler you guys recommend?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/UK-NO1-UNIVE...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2ec0197b9a

Im doing it myself with this intercooler, just buy the beaded alloy bends and silicone joiners separate. Im from cork myself, only person Id recommend for mapping in ireland is Joe Power in Dublin. 3inch exhaust, badger 5 TIP , air filter , DV , intercooler and ask your mapper about fuelling and you should be set for 260hp.

Richard123

Rickys LCR 225
Feb 4, 2013
Ayrshire,Scotland
Go for the wellycooler 600x300 I think. Search on here, loads of information

+1 for the wellycooler .

Ive just bought one and read some great reviews on here about it.

What about a phuelonic inlet gasket help keep temps down?

There only £50 from awesome with 2 gaskets and extended bolts , Ive just bought one of them aswell.

I was hoping for figures around 280, might have to see if I can pick up a set of injectors first tho if Bill thinks they will be maxed out hes probably right !

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members