What did you and your MK2 do today?

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Back at the rolling road today but didn't run the car. Passed all the info to the guy that i had been given and thanks to all. He looked lost and said my car just cannot cope with more than 180bhp! Then said he could do me a Revo map that wouldn't give the same issue i had yesterday at a cost of £450?! Why did he not mention it yesterday?! I said no thanks!

Made a call and spoke with John at Big Fish Tuning, he said he had come across this issue before on the PD170 and nothing he wouldn't be able to resolve with one of his maps. He said he would happily give a couple of hours of his time and see what he can do, if for some reason he cannot resolve it due to another issue, he won't charge me a penny. He also said if the car does the same as yesterday, he will be able to tell me the cause.

Has anybody had any dealings with Big fish Tuning? If so, does he know his stuff?

Thanks in advance

Sounds like the first guy was just another ' +20% ' mapper who doesn't have the slightest clue other than to try and empty your pockets.

To be fair you couldn't ask for anymore from Big Fish Tuning. Heard many a good thing from people who's opinion I trust so fingers crossed you'll be in good hands and finally get to the bottom of it.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Thanks mate, how much did you pay for your remap with your discount if you don't mind me asking? Why you tweeking yours, what's up with it?

As mine still has the DPF it's regenning quite regular and John said he might need to adjust the fuelling slightly. Also it had the injectors done at Seat on Tuesday which I thought would help the slight hesitation when flooring it in 3rd. John said he'll take a look an see whats up, but fears the DPF is on the way out. Having said that I never have the DPF light come on.......

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Pulled the front plate off n pulled some paint off ffs. Does this piece come off on its own so i can wrap it?
a9fe97ea602cef7967e7601c5f58d8ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure someone said that bit does come off. Can't remember who though.

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Sounds like the first guy was just another ' +20% ' mapper who doesn't have the slightest clue other than to try and empty your pockets.

To be fair you couldn't ask for anymore from Big Fish Tuning. Heard many a good thing from people who's opinion I trust so fingers crossed you'll be in good hands and finally get to the bottom of it.

It's a lesson learned i guess and yes the guy is clearly all about the money and hasn't a clue and is dishonest. Says my car cannot cope with more than 180bhp but the next says he can Revo map it no problem!

Wish i'd gone to Big fish Tuning in the first place, sounds like he is very good at what he does. Yes fingers crossed!

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
As mine still has the DPF it's regenning quite regular and John said he might need to adjust the fuelling slightly. Also it had the injectors done at Seat on Tuesday which I thought would help the slight hesitation when flooring it in 3rd. John said he'll take a look an see whats up, but fears the DPF is on the way out. Having said that I never have the DPF light come on.......

It's strange how it only hesitates in 3rd and i think you said it did the same before the remap. Don't think the DPF is on its way out but could be wrong

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
It's strange how it only hesitates in 3rd and i think you said it did the same before the remap. Don't think the DPF is on its way out but could be wrong

Yeah it is weird but it has no fault codes or dpf light. Might just be over fuelling slightly or something. John said he'd do the dpf delete etc for £200 if I wanted it.

Wasn't today but yesterday I detailed the interior and also gave the engine bay a once over.

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
Can anyone help me out? I have discovered my front passenger foot well is wet so am trying to get the door card off. I have seen the guide on here but it is for the mk1. The thing that is stopping me at the moment is a white piece of plastic on connected to the door panel and door locking mechanism. Anyone got any ideas how to take this off or an actual guide for the mk2 07 plate

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Can anyone help me out? I have discovered my front passenger foot well is wet so am trying to get the door card off. I have seen the guide on here but it is for the mk1. The thing that is stopping me at the moment is a white piece of plastic on connected to the door panel and door locking mechanism. Anyone got any ideas how to take this off or an actual guide for the mk2 07 plate

Is this guide thread not any use in the FAQ's?

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=167381

1st post there is 2 links to instructions on how to remove the door cards :)

Last edited:

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
The links in that guide for front door card removal show a blue circled part and the author mentions having to unclip it, however that's what I am struggling with. It deems like it will break

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
Just read the guide sounds like I have to snap it to get the card off without removal the door lock itself unless anyone knows different

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
Well, decided to put the car on the rolling road today and see what was what?!

The guy i bought the car from said he had the car remapped, he showed me a receipt in the service history for the map at a cost of £450! Should be a pretty good map at that price!

On the rolloing road it went!

Not bad at all but that remap, didn't exist?! The car hadn't been remapped at all?! I did find a cheap tuning box on it (probably from Ebay) which i removed the second i noticed it!

The poor guy had been charged £450 for a cheap tuning box by the company that had claimed to have remapped it!

Anyway, the car performed really well for a standard car, standard spec is 168bhp and 258lb ft of torque.

Mine, 178.5bhp and 310lb ft of torque, was happy with 10bhp over standard and a smooth power delivery on the graph -

Remap%20004_zpsvz4ldgnz.jpg

The car is booked in for a remap tomorrow so lets see what it brings?!

I did the stage 1 from revo, cost me about $1000 dollars. (SPS cost $190)I do feel more power but, it doesnt feel like the 50 hp gain that their advertising lol.
I dont know maybe my expectations were too high.
My car is a 08 FR 2.0TFSI.
Im about to sell the car, I've lost all interest.
Might buy a rear wheel drive car, wanna start drifting :D

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Coming home tonight from work & I had to use a road that was being resurfaced.

Got home to find all the drivers door, rear passenger door, drivers wing mirror & drivers side front wing wheel arch splattered with tar. Looks a f@cking mess :censored: [:@] :cry:

Looks like I'll be spending hours with the tar remover :cry:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012

Got home to find all the drivers door, rear passenger door, drivers wing mirror & drivers side front wing wheel arch splattered with tar. Looks a f@cking mess :censored: [:@] :cry:

:censored: [:@]

locky

May 5, 2014
North East

Mine had a ton of tar on it in the past, used a decent tar remover and it came off surprisingly easily