Rust! 2008 57 FR TDI

geg1992

Apr 14, 2010
Hi all,

When looking at my car yesterday, I noticed there is a patch of rust (surface I think) just by the rear tail light. I'll try and post a picture later.

Very confused as to how/why there would be rust on a car only 6 years old!

Is this a common and problem and what can I do?

This car has been a nightmare.

Thanks.

Apr 12, 2010
On the bootlid?

My 2008 Fr Tdi had a tiny spot on the inner corner of where the tail light goes but it wasn't rust, the panel appeared galvanized, the Ibiza seemed to have thin paint on a few of the panel edges to be honest.

shep0706

Aug 19, 2011
Darlington
I also have rust in the same place on my 57 fr tdi and a patch of rust just under the rear wiper as well where the window sits. Pretty bad considering its 6 years old and not really a place where chips occur !

Arkaig

Mar 1, 2014
Fife, Scotland
flickr.com
As well as rusty wings, I've got rust on the rear panels too, and it's clearly coming from underneath unbroken paint. SEAT just gave the usual excuses and refused to honour the anti-perforation warranty.

Having all these rusty 6L ibizas going about isn't going to be great advertising for SEAT, or fostering any loyalty.

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
I had rust on tailgate right underneath where the tail light sits. The seat garage local to me approved it. Not uncommon for seats to have rust... i have had plenty repaired under warranty. Its the paint shop im having more issues with

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.