really sorry, need some more advice

Bert

Tom AKA Bert
Mar 3, 2015
Rochester, Kent
Hi guys, I know you're all probably getting sick of seeing my name haha!
right, recently had some and followed all of your advice, sai has been fixed, maf sensor has been changed, throttle body reset, checked for air leaks, to which there was none. When my Leon has warmed up, she runs, boosts, drives lovely! when left over night, or whilst at work, when I go to start, she runs at normal rpm (maybe a little low) and "sounds" like a misfire noise, only, very fast misfire noise! once the sai has finished doing its job, she runs and purs like a kitten! any other ideas as to what this could be?? I know iut was serviced 3 months previous to me buying her, but as to the extent of the service I don't know! I changed the oil and filter and air filter a month ago!! could this be plugs or coil packs??
haven't got a great deal of dosh at the minute! so don't wanna chase money after bad!
any help is appreciated

Bert

Tom AKA Bert
Mar 3, 2015
Rochester, Kent
I had an EML, scanned, came up with MASS AIR FLOW, (which has been changed), idle control unit, andixture control bank 1 lean, but since the throttle body was reset it hasn't come back on, and no new codes

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Contact SEAT customer care and see if your up for new coil packs on recall.
Are you certain the noise isnt from the sai as I think your saying its only apparent when its running. Ceck even though its fixed.

What RPM does it idle at and is it steady? does the noise go or get faster once moving?
Any error lights on the dash when its doing it?

Bert

Tom AKA Bert
Mar 3, 2015
Rochester, Kent
Hello traumapat! No light when its doing it, normally idles between 750-850 rpm, and its a 2002, so may look at buying coil packs! But its strange, it doesn't act like a misfire, it sounds like a very fast misfire, it revs fine when its doing it, but yes, more apparent when SAI runninh

Bert

Tom AKA Bert
Mar 3, 2015
Rochester, Kent
I drilled out the old rivets and replaced with bolts and nylock nuts to pull it tight again :) I will be having it mapped out as soon as I can afford to, I'll try and get a video of the noise when I start up after work

addavis89

Nov 1, 2012
norwich
Reason I ask is I have just replaced maf with a ECP one which was same part number, thought great cheaper then TPS! fitted it made no difference still had maf signal low, had it tested output signal was 1.1v when it should be 1.4v went to TPS bought a genuine one fitted still running like poo! Took it to my mate, told me he would recalibrate the sensor to the car, RUNS AN ABSOLUTE DREAM NOW!