remap or no remap??

nathan_20vt

Mar 30, 2013
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
hi all, looking into getting my 2002 cupra 180 mapped. nearly covered 119,000 miles but always serviced and looked after. only engine mods are n249 bypass and have a 3 inch decat downpipe fitted. will it be safe mapping a car with that mileage on? what gains could i expect? can anyone recommend anywhere? thanks in advance everyone :thumbup:

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
If it's been looked after shouldn't be a problem. Obviously more power might cause other parts to fail which could be coilpacks if they haven't been changed. If the turbo didn't have much life left in it could mean it fails quicker. Should see about 210-215 ish I would say.

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
I don't really have an answer, but to add to it, we're you thinking of a generic map or a live map. I was considering a revo or amd map but after some consideration I've been thinking a custom map on the rollers might fit the cars needs a bit better.

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
The AMD maps are live on the rollers mine made the below figures with
K&N panel filter
n249 bypass
Miltek turbo back sports cat
apr R1 diverter valve
creation motorsport TIP

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
Is your clutch still the original one? If so that might not last long. My LCR had done 85000 miles before I got it remapped and everything has been fine for the next 10000 miles.

Proff_86

Jan 27, 2010
West Midlands
Im in the same boat and had a conversation in another thread about this. It was general concencus that a custom map would be better for these engines now given there age etc. This is mainly due to the progressive nature of the maps that can be tailored to the car and its operating condition, rather than a generic map which is a 1 fits all type map.

Hope this helps

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.