What did you and your MK2 do today?

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Triple R Splitter fitted + LED tail lights. Going to have to vinyl the section just above the splitter black tomorrow but damn what a difference all round! LED's are just pure Evil looking, especially in the last piccy below.

Looks really good 2G I like it ;)

Just got home from work & the postman has been with goodies. So, want your opinion guys.......

Badgeless mk2 FL mesh grill......, the black plastic looks ok, but im going to wrap the plastic edge with gloss black wrap, or take it to my local bodyshop to get it painted gloss black

Grill with TSi badge...

Will look different once it's on the car of course, but what do you think......badge free or go with the TSi emblem??

With the TSI emblem Andy without a doubt :)

wolfmother

Wolfmother
Aug 17, 2014
Kent
Wrapped the speaker surrounds in gloss black, not a fan of the grey ish ones that Seat sell so thought I would try something different as the door cards were just too much of the same bland plastic, needed something to break it up

4691909d4c9c5517c250f7bfa297a3f9.jpg

Sent from my android via Tapatalk

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Good work Wolfmother.

Cheers Mike & Kebabwarrior.....im edging towards TSi badge myself, but it'll mean cutting a bit of the mesh to get it plumb straight.

The mesh effect is plastic too, rather than metal wire mesh

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Just got home from work & the postman has been with goodies. So, want your opinion guys.......

Badgeless mk2 FL mesh grill......, the black plastic looks ok, but im going to wrap the plastic edge with gloss black wrap, or take it to my local bodyshop to get it painted gloss black

Grill with TSi badge...

Will look different once it's on the car of course, but what do you think......badge free or go with the TSi emblem??

Let us know how well it fits mate.

Triple R Splitter fitted + LED tail lights. Going to have to vinyl the section just above the splitter black tomorrow but damn what a difference all round! LED's are just pure Evil looking, especially in the last piccy below.

Looks good, nice pics.

2G

Experienced Newbie
Jun 3, 2012
Scotland
Do those LED rear lights fit the pre facelift mk2? Look awesome.

Cheers mates, unfortunately not but you can add the facelift boot + lights onto your pre facelift, i've seen that being done by another forum member, Jake I think (Yellow K1?)

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Enabled alarm chirp and leaving home lights with Carista. Almost sorted my door rattle with some electrical tape and am off to see Henning When tonight.

Last edited:

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Verdict on the badgeless grill.....

Spent an hour wrapping it in gloss black wrap.....goes outside, takes standard grill off.....offers up the new grill......doesn't fit.

Doesn't fill out the hole in the same was the old grill does & the screw holes don't line up with the mounting holes.

Complete bag of sh1te and worse £85 ive spent!!.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Verdict on the badgeless grill.....

Spent an hour wrapping it in gloss black wrap.....goes outside, takes standard grill off.....offers up the new grill......doesn't fit.

Doesn't fill out the hole in the same was the old grill does & the screw holes don't line up with the mounting holes.

Complete bag of sh1te and worse £85 ive spent!!.
I so apologise but my first reaction was to laugh hahaha. It makes for funny reading.
It is sh1te though

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Hahaha, I have seen the funny side myself mate.

Well once I'd stopped muttering to myself calling it every name under the sun and using expletives and calling myself an idiot lol

Sorry to hear it's not worked. Is it the wrong grille completely or is it just really badly made?

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Sorry to hear it's not worked. Is it the wrong grille completely or is it just really badly made?

Cheers Mike....it appears to be badly made.

Lined up the screw holes at the top with the holes on the car & the grill sat too far back and didn't look right, plus is wasn't straight....There was a good inch, or inch & half between the bottom front edge of the grill & the front of the bumper....so it didn't sit 'flush' or fill the grill gap like the normal grill does.

I think I'll just wrap the 'S' on the stock grill in gloss black

Last edited:

nick-fr

Jun 9, 2014
bristol
Set about changing all the discs and pads today, got the front set done but failed on the rear as I didn't have the right bit to remove the carrier from the disc and then discovered that I have a screw in the front n/s tyre and a nail in the rear n/s tyre hopefully I can get them repaired instead of replaced.

Rich - FR

Oct 21, 2014
Stockton On Tees
Set about changing all the discs and pads today, got the front set done but failed on the rear as I didn't have the right bit to remove the carrier from the disc and then discovered that I have a screw in the front n/s tyre and a nail in the rear n/s tyre hopefully I can get them repaired instead of replaced.

Are you referring to the caliper carrier? If so, it doesn't need to be removed to change the rear disc, only the caliper and pads to remove to change the disc

nick-fr

Jun 9, 2014
bristol
Are you referring to the caliper carrier? If so, it doesn't need to be removed to change the rear disc, only the caliper and pads to remove to change the disc

I've just been reading a thread by Viking about changing all the pads and discs and realised I could of just done that instead, now my face is hurting from facepalming.:doh:

Last edited: