Stuart83's LCR

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Hi all,

Been a member on here for a while, bought a MK2 FR TDi a few years back, but now have a Platinum MK1 LCR!

Bought it a few months back from a fellow forum member, and absolutely love it. The previous owner was a professional detailer, so needless to say its been well looked after and is in amazing condition for its age. Wheels were refurbed as part of the purchase, so although theyre not the standard OEM colour I think they look spot on.

So far I've done the following :

Front splitter
Glovebox insert to replace CD changer
Radio / console facia
Wheel badges
New R / Cupra badges
3" Silicon TIP
Coolant expansion tank
Temperature Sensor
Thermostat
Osram Nightbreaker headlights
Philips Bluevision sidelights
New reg plates

Planned going forwards :

Replace broken ESP switch (on its way)
Replace fuel filler cap (on its way)
Replace interior bulbs (on their way)
Paint few scuffs on front bumper
Repair small spots of peeling laquer
Fabia rear wiper mod
Maybe a 007p ....

So mainly cosmetic things, but I want to make it perfect - I get a bit OCD at times.

Hoping to post more photos in the New Year once I can get a clear day with the usual 6 hours it'll take me to thoroughly clean, machine polish and protect it.

Needless to say, it's going to be looked after ridiculously well!

Last edited:

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Few bits and pieces sorted on the car recently ...

Bought a 007p off Ebay, serviced it and installed.
Also bought a Milltek resonated cat back from a guy breaking his Cupra R. Turns out its a slightly older version (not the oval tailpipe) but I'm still more than happy with it.

Turned up absolutely filthy :

Didn't mind too much as it was a bit of a bargain.

Had all the welds checked out, then got to work cleaning it up. I know it's just going to sit under the car, but couldn't help it :

Then had it fitted yesterday :)

Jul 30, 2010
Argyll, Scotland
Looking good, love beading on a dark car.

I'm on the look for a lcr atm an can't decide between platinum or yellow. Love both but know I would need to do a lot of work if I go for yellow.

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Looking good, love beading on a dark car.

I'm on the look for a lcr atm an can't decide between platinum or yellow. Love both but know I would need to do a lot of work if I go for yellow.

I had the same issue - couldn't decide between yellow and grey, but then this one came up!

The grey will no doubt need less maintenance, and it does look amazing when polished.

But yellow looks awesome ... You'll just need to keep on top of it, maybe machine polish it with a cutting polish to restore and maintain the colour.

You'll get out what you put into it!

Last edited:

tommytucker

Oct 28, 2012
Exhaust

Stunning motor.Wots your std back box like as mines on its last legs and wondered if you wanted it to go to a good home-LCR Platinum Grey 2004:D

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Looking really nice that mate. As said already, for the age it looks really well. Good work on the exhaust too!

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Thanks for the comments everyone, its as mint inside as it is out. Doing everything I can to keep it mint visually and mechanically.

Not much else I need to / want to do with it now, but I'll no doubt stick more photos up in the summer.

tommytucker

Oct 28, 2012
Rear Box

Cheers Stuart
Thats a common issue with them -may have to go out and do same.Was it ok to get old one off and fit new exhaust? Also was the forge 007p easy to fit as i have just fitted a 80mm TIP so think it would be better with an uprated DV?
Tommytucker LCR 2004

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Cheers Stuart
Thats a common issue with them -may have to go out and do same.Was it ok to get old one off and fit new exhaust? Also was the forge 007p easy to fit as i have just fitted a 80mm TIP so think it would be better with an uprated DV?
Tommytucker LCR 2004

I got a local garage to fit the exhaust for me ... I've not got access to any ramps / stands, so I'd rather be safe. Plus its the original exhaust so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit difficult to get off! To be fair they did say it was an easy job, guessing they sometimes have issues with aftermarket exhausts.

The 007p was incredibly easy to fit, took literally 2 mins - my jubilee clips were in great (almost new) condition so I literally just loosened them with a screwdriver, pulled the old DV out, slipped the 007p in and tightened them.

At most you might need some small jubilee clips (B&Q plumbing section was v.cheap) ... but yeah, very easy job.

The DV did make a fair bit of difference ... could be a placebo effect but I'm almost certain it holds boost better now, much less fluctuation on acceleration.

tommytucker

Oct 28, 2012
DV Fitting

Stuart
Nice one-i get one and do it then.Did you go 4 Forge 007p for any particular reason and how much was it? I'm in Sutton Coldfield so would be ok to pm you if i need to see it fitted?
Tommytucker LCR 2004

Vwp6n

Nov 15, 2014
Lovely looking car mate!! I've just bought this type of exhaust too what did you use on it looks very shiny

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Stuart
Nice one-i get one and do it then.Did you go 4 Forge 007p for any particular reason and how much was it? I'm in Sutton Coldfield so would be ok to pm you if i need to see it fitted?
Tommytucker LCR 2004

The 007p is v.highly regarded from what I've learned on here, so thought I'd go with the old tried and tested :)

I got one off eBay for a steal, then bought a refurb kit from Forge themselves to replace the piston and seals. In total it came to about £65 w/p&p and the refurb kit.

Seeing as a new one's around £117 I'm quite pleased!

Yeah, feel free to PM me and come and have a look, I'm only down the road :D

Last edited:

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Lovely looking car mate!! I've just bought this type of exhaust too what did you use on it looks very shiny

EVERYTHING!!!!!

Ended up using a load of wonderwheels, some wet and dry (it was THAT bad), loads of elbow grease, plus a fair amount of AG Metal Polish.

The finished it up with some more polish with my DAS6-PRO DA and an old finishing pad ... to be fair thats what brought it up the best.

Quite happy with how it came up, could be better, just need to get inside the tip when I clean it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.