engine mount problem

lcr.kenny

Apr 20, 2013
6-7 weeks ago engine mount bolt snapped after timing belt change, got new bolts and new timing belt kit put on and it has snapped again today. Anyone know anyway to stop this happening.? All advice welcome. Car is a fl cupra

lcr.kenny

Apr 20, 2013
Not to sure bud, last time it was the 1 that went into the block, will find out on tuesday which 1s it is this time!last time round mechanic left them in car and they were roughly 100mmx 8mm

chr1sd

Mar 16, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Not to sure bud, last time it was the 1 that went into the block, will find out on tuesday which 1s it is this time!last time round mechanic left them in car and they were roughly 100mmx 8mm

Out of curiosity, how did you realise the bolt had snapped?. the ones going into the block are not torqued that tight compared to the top ones.

lcr.kenny

Apr 20, 2013
Both times is started to make a squeel noise(belt hitting something i think) this time its alot worse almost as if its hitting driveshaft or something

chr1sd

Mar 16, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Both times is started to make a squeel noise(belt hitting something i think) this time its alot worse almost as if its hitting driveshaft or something

very strange, I didnt think the bolts were anywhere near a belt as it has a cover on. ive done mine twice now due to a faulty idler bearing. I know the side bolts dont torque down too much where the tops are very tight. maybe been overtightened or they have reused the old bolts.

lcr.kenny

Apr 20, 2013
1st time round old bolts were used, 2nd time new bolts were used. I think it was more a care of because the engine moved position the belt was hitting caseing(the way it was described thats how i understood it)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise