stuck on tyre brands...

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
I assume this has been a hot topic but I am just after a bit of personal advise. I am looking to get a full set of rubbers and am stuck on brands. My cupra had autogrips on the front but after my remap I couldn't get traction through 1st and 2nd. I'm now looking at yokohoma S.drives, nankang NS.2R or toyo T1-R. Or else?

Anybody have any info or recommendations for these. Cheers

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
That was an option of mine. Just wondering if anybody has used the above. I can get the toyo's for £240 but that's probably a buy crap buy twice thing.

L16YDW

Big Beefy Boy
Dec 1, 2014
Norfolk
Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Only £100 a corner (225/40/18) delivered a off of tyre leader website. Best tyre on the market by far and an absolute bargain at that money!

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Can also recommend Goodyear asy 2's have four on mine and they are a great tyre. Excellent grip in both wet and dry conditions.

Also they don't wear down very fast like some of the others.Im running stage 1 and with the figures as in my sig there are no major issues getting the power down.

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
I'd recommend the vredstein ultrac sessenta !

I've just bought 4 of these from Camskill when they were at a ridiculous price of £63.40 each.

Think they're hovering around £70 now but no doubt they'll drop again soon. Also hear good things about the Vorti's.

Just need to wear the current tyres down now ... shouldn't be hard!

Bert

Tom AKA Bert
Mar 3, 2015
Rochester, Kent
Toyos, yokohama very very grippy, but so soft they wear quick! Michelin are too expensive, they are brilliant but will perish quickly before wearing! Goodyear Eagle F1 assymetric 2 are a very good all round tyre, good grip, last well (kent police will have nothing but Goodyear on their cars, even the fast response cars) the company i work for have the account to change the police tyres. The autogrip you mention offer good grip for a budget tyre, just not on a higher powered car! Maxxis offer a good range for a lower budget, and even run their own tyres in the Maxxis drift championship! But personally Goodyear F1 ass 2 are the better choice

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
I assume this has been a hot topic but I am just after a bit of personal advise. I am looking to get a full set of rubbers and am stuck on brands. My cupra had autogrips on the front but after my remap I couldn't get traction through 1st and 2nd. I'm now looking at yokohoma S.drives, nankang NS.2R or toyo T1-R. Or else?

Anybody have any info or recommendations for these. Cheers

Three different types of tyre, out of the three the Yoko S drive will perform the best..

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Of course it all depends on what you're really after, I'm almost through my set of Bridgestone potenza re002 on the front, nothing but good things to say about them , I have the vredstein ultracs on the back, next purchase , what with needing a tyre change and summer on its way will be a set of toyo R1Rs

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
Goodyear it is then. I've had no use with the three I've mentioned above and always used Bridgestone on my impreza but Goodyear f1 seam to be the favoured on here :)

Priz91

Realist
Jun 24, 2013
Loughborough
Was going to order Goodyear Efficient Grip Pro but due to this debate probably will order a full set of F1's, lets see how they do! Nice little updated tyre thread lads, cheers!

anders

Mar 10, 2015
235-45 -17

hello
good set is avon zz3 235-45-17 and i will repeat this buy next time
even that it means that i need to order these from uk - they do not sell
avon in finland

Richard123

Rickys LCR 225
Feb 4, 2013
Ayrshire,Scotland
Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Only £100 a corner (225/40/18) delivered a off of tyre leader website. Best tyre on the market by far and an absolute bargain at that money!

What tire website is that?

I need as set of fronts soon and I love my Michelin Pilot sport 3s.

Uniroyal Rain sport 3s get a good review for the money around £65 quid a corner from camskill .

Really depends how much you want to spend .

I got goodyear eagle f1 assy last time from camskill around £ 80 IIRC.

The michelins PS3s before that were around £100 a corner.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.