What did you and your MK2 do today?

G4reth

FR PD170
Dec 4, 2011
Middlesbrough
Fitted my led reg plate lights, gave it a quick wash on Saturday.
Today I ordered parts to stop the engine cover rattling, and a new clutch return spring from Seat.

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Finally got confirmation for bookings, having the following fitted at AKS Tuning then off to R-tech for some custom mapping.....:whistle::funk:

TTE420 Turbo.....
AEM WMI Kit........with AKS spacer install.....
TTRS LPFP.........
155bar FPRV..........
AKS runner flap delete.......
PERON intercooler..........
Ground Control Top Mounts........
Polar FIS...........

Should be interesting!

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Finally got confirmation for bookings, having the following fitted at AKS Tuning then off to R-tech for some custom mapping.....:whistle::funk:

TTE420 Turbo.....
TTRS LPFP.........
155bar FPRV..........
Polar FIS...........

Should be interesting!
Inspired by one Graeme I see :)
Good stuff! Proper power

locky

May 5, 2014
North East

TTE420 Turbo.....
TTRS LPFP.........
155bar FPRV..........
Polar FIS...........

Should be interesting!

And there was me not looking forward to calling the insurance to explain about my new exhaust and diffuser... :D

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
And there was me not looking forward to calling the insurance to explain about my new exhaust and diffuser... :D

Have just rang my insurance for when my BCS system is fitted Paul, they are only going to charge me the £15 admin fee. :)

Can't complain with that i love the way Chris knott insurance work, they don't rip people off and give a fair price to customers.

Oh and they are aware of exactly what is being fitted as I'm not one to tell porky's.

Going to ring Nige now to get the date sorted out.Real shame we can't have them done at the same time :cry:

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Inspired by one Graeme I see :)
Good stuff! Proper power
Ha, been toying with the idea for AGES.....either BT or Hybrid and after speaking to G I decided it was the way to go! :thumbup:
Hahahahaha! ;)

I'm with Greenlight at the moment and they're brilliant with Mods......I'll be notifying them before it goes anywhere near the shop for fitting so I'm all squeaky clean as usual! :)

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Ha, been toying with the idea for AGES.....either BT or Hybrid and after speaking to G I decided it was the way to go! :thumbup:

Hahahahaha! ;)

I'm with Greenlight at the moment and they're brilliant with Mods......I'll be notifying them before it goes anywhere near the shop for fitting so I'm all squeaky clean as usual! :)

When is she booked in for Mat? bet your excited! Would be sweet if it's in time for the fiddle meet and your able to attend.

What with crafoo's EVO and hopefully you and the asbo my boxers will be in a right mess :D

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Have just rang my insurance for when my BCS system is fitted Paul, they are only going to charge me the £15 admin fee. :)

Can't complain with that i love the way Chris knott insurance work, they don't rip people off and give a fair price to customers.

Oh and they are aware of exactly what is being fitted as I'm not one to tell porky's.

Going to ring Nige now to get the date sorted out.Real shame we can't have them done at the same time :cry:

Good stuff mate, which BCS system are you going for?

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Full system mate 200 cell cat sports downpipe, with prestige silencer and oval tailpipe.

Got a few pics of the system in my readers ride thread

Bet you're glad you arent doing the original catback plan now marra!

I am having the same BCS system as Craig but with the twin centres, shame they couldnt book us the same day for fitting, but I found out yesterday a VW driver wont chamge his day to accomodate, typical eh ;) :D

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Good man, I'm hoping to get the catback done soon, non-res this time hehe

Good effort Rich your running the downpipe at the min aren't you? Plus how's the clutch guessing it's ran in now mate.

Bet you're glad you arent doing the original catback plan now marra!

I am having the same BCS system as Craig but with the twin centres, shame they couldnt book us the same day for fitting, but I found out yesterday a VW driver wont chamge his day to accomodate, typical eh ;) :D

Ha ha yes mate but my wallet and Mrs might have a different opinion :whistle:

Yeah shame it's not a double fitment. But if I'm in the country I'll deffo make the effort and come up when your there mate.

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
When is she booked in for Mat? bet your excited! Would be sweet if it's in time for the fiddle meet and your able to attend.

What with crafoo's EVO and hopefully you and the asbo my boxers will be in a right mess :D
Hahaha!!! :lol:

Unfortunately not until after the meet buddy, I'm out of the country again for a while "on business" and it's getting done then!

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
Have to agree with Matt on the plates I'm afraid Rob. You'll get pulled in no time with that font. Also don't like the square plates.

Not a fan of the stickers either I'm afraid, bit too much going on.

Normal Font plates going back on.....

I do like the square ish plate though and unfortunately the sticker is to cover the old hole and the fecking paint that came off with the old plate. [:@]

G4reth

FR PD170
Dec 4, 2011
Middlesbrough
Anyone ever had an issue with their wipers not returning to the off position (back to the edge of the windscreen) correctly? My drivers side wiper now stays a little further out, only happened after I'd washed it.
Its only by a small amount but it bugs me.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Had a EML light flash on the motorway. Holding revs in 4th (changing from gridlocked slow lane to middle) then accelerated off. A quick scan says a single misfire cylinder 3.
It's due a service end of the month, and had spark plugs replaced last year

Anything to worry about? The cars 4 years old now!

4/4 dirty dervs

Oct 1, 2012
kent
Had a EML light flash on the motorway. Holding revs in 4th (changing from gridlocked slow lane to middle) then accelerated off. A quick scan says a single misfire cylinder 3.
It's due a service end of the month, and had spark plugs replaced last year

Anything to worry about? The cars 4 years old now!
mine had the same after a lot of hard driving one day. code read cylinder1 but not happened since. i believe its just a coilpack on its way as cylinder3 went a couple thousand ago so im not too worried as tfsi engines do tend to get through them and they're easy to change.

Matt cla

Jul 9, 2014
Nottingham
Anyone ever had an issue with their wipers not returning to the off position (back to the edge of the windscreen) correctly? My drivers side wiper now stays a little further out, only happened after I'd washed it.
Its only by a small amount but it bugs me.

My passenger side wiper is doing exactly the same. It has happened since a service. It does go back into its set position...but the set position is now about 1 inch into the screen, not completely tucked in. It's annoying me! The garage had to take my wipee arm off and I think they must have put it on slightly further around.