My LCR

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Your building an absolute monster it's going to be amazing I can't wait to see it finished I only joined this today to see what air filters best for mine and I came across your form now I think I need to start saving and rethink what to do to mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, hopefully it'll be more controllable than a FWD stage 2! The big problem is always money! The air filter is just a start to a slippery slope! Lol

Oh little update, I purchased this a few weeks ago..
41319ad87bd3b8b5b799336cbb1282ec.jpg

ef1ffd4f521317321df219c3c1c3872d.jpg

It's a bit premature but it will be put on when I rebuild my engine.. Long after AWD lol .. Anyway I'm off to strip the Audi tonight! Happy Friday's!

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
That is a nice addition to the project. Have you seen there inlet manifolds????

There's a competition in PVW magazine to win one. They look amazing as with anything Intergrated Engineering.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
That is a nice addition to the project. Have you seen there inlet manifolds????

There's a competition in PVW magazine to win one. They look amazing as with anything Intergrated Engineering.

Thanks, yeah I'm a IE addict lol, I will be getting one when I do the rebuild, they're stuff is so good, just a tad expensive lol

stevenpreece66

Mar 19, 2015
Money is the big issue with tuning cars and it takes a lot of long days and nights but it will all be worth it in the end for you mate
I have a really bad feeling the turbo mite be on its way out in mine so just looking for a good place to take it to as I'm not very good with cars haha

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Money is the big issue with tuning cars and it takes a lot of long days and nights but it will all be worth it in the end for you mate
I have a really bad feeling the turbo mite be on its way out in mine so just looking for a good place to take it to as I'm not very good with cars haha

It'll be worth while in the end! And ouch on your turbo! If it's knackered I'd be waaaay too tempted to go bigger! Fingers crossed for you though.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Good evening ladies & gentlemen (don't want to seem sexist!) it's Saturday, and the day started early (08:00am) early for a Saturday! First thing first, remove doors, bonnet, boot, air bag (drivers & curtains), then... Remove rear subframe + fuel tank, that's when it got interesting! Lol but very heavy!! Less talk more pictures!
b9bace746923536560b225626bbf33d2.jpg

ba017931e94166399edb9166056830eb.jpg

Then...Removal of wheels & rear hubs. Then we sat the car all the way down on the seals, unbolted the rear subframe, unattached the prop then lifted the car back up to remove the rear subframe.
bedde097e9d066145502d0408c55e909.jpg

Here we lifted the car on its side, this helped us to locate some wiring, remove the prop and remove the fuel tank... Plus it was a fun challenge...
13a6da36d69fc42ff44841b31ed9cb9f.jpg

a2d59b8f146124adc266f82fd32d9100.jpg

Oh.. Although our cars share the same platform, we have not got these...
15439de2772df405125f7ee3542bcb07.jpg

This holds the prop around the centre of the car, I took notes as this will needed to be fabricated later on! <- UPDATE: the centre prop support was ordered through Volkswagen, just needs welding on!

Now all is left is to remove the wiring, just not 100% on all I need, hopefully other AWD Leon owners can help! I believe I need the ABS loom too, I'm going to de-wire the car and label just incase either way.

Good night all, I'm shattered!

Last edited:

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Stylance- where did you get the Dectane DNA rear lights from I having difficulty getting hold of any for my 10 plate Leon and I see you have 1

Hello Danny, my lights are Genuine Seat parts, order from Dave @ seres on here. Very expensive but, worth it.

If you want dectane go on eBay and you'll stumble across the dectane dealer quick enough.

Danny.Parkes

Feb 22, 2015
South Yorkshire, Barnsley
orr okay pal how much??
and does he have a website i can look on??

and every set of Dectane lights ive seen are for up to 09 Leons
would these still fit with mine being a 10 plate cos i ordered a grill other day and that wont fit with it being up to 09 :/

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
orr okay pal how much??
and does he have a website i can look on??

and every set of Dectane lights ive seen are for up to 09 Leons
would these still fit with mine being a 10 plate cos i ordered a grill other day and that wont fit with it being up to 09 :/

£375.00 when I purchased. No website specifically, but Google the lights and any seat dealers can supply them, but Dave is normally cheapest.

Email the dectane bloke as I wouldn't want to say, enjoy

Toledo16vTdi

Jan 5, 2014
Following this one good luck on the new adventure will be rad once done ✌️

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Following this one good luck on the new adventure will be rad once done ✌️

Thanks I hope so but I'm thinking it'll be a long time. Lol

No real updates... Nothing exciting, loads of the old stuff from the Audi is being sent off this week. Then Saturday coming I'm going to strip out the whole wiring from haldex to interior fuse box, I'd rather get more than necessary. (Looking for advice here!... A lot of advice! Lol, hopefully the garage that completed the last AWD conversion will talk to me, or other AWD owners !)

Hopefully next week I'll be able to store it all in my friends empty garage to start looking at what needs replacing and upgrading, then I guess I'd better get my spare wheel well cut out and made flat, I'm not looking to cut the well in half like the other gent that done the conversion, although it's quite smart it's not necessarily worth the extra effort for my build. Then to start looking at prop mounts in the tunnel.

-staytuning|staymodified

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Minor update !

Well... Minor for the Leon but major for the Audi! Lol

I worked last night so had they joys of a Friday off!

Since I last updated this thread I've spoken to autothechnica the garage who competed the AWD conversion on the white cupra r. I was calling to see if they would help with the wiring side (secondary fuel pump and rear haldex) they seemed really up for it thankfully! So after a little conversation they told me what wires they needed, so today I got all the wires and started to lay out the conversion so I could trace and check wires !
968d3dff3c81f03aa4fdac4a36d215ea.jpg

278820b1ca7e7a3facbebbd684b519ac.jpg

e8966dc134c47304cab5c7d4dbd4cbef.jpg

It's actually really surprising how mechanical this conversion is, when I mention it(although I've kept it very hush) people always say, ohh imagine all the wires! Or the older generation moan about new cars and wiring... But for what is being converted the only wires to worry bout are the rear haldex & second fuel pump, the rest is minor fabrication like the prop support, wheel well removal.

And now that's sorted, that's EVERYTHING I need from the Audi so it's bye bye time.. Poor thing...
5bd9fc4504abf133b286854d4a053fd0.jpg

Time to start lugging all the AWD parts to my garage to begin refreshing/replacing and upgrading!

also on a site note, my friend is going to look at a mk1 Leon cupra r tonight! His third one! Then Saturday a Audi A3 CR170 will be getting a Audi 3.2 brake upgrade. front and rear.

whilst my car is off the road for the conversion I'm going to buy a mk4 golf based quattro, I don't want to spend over £1000, now I'm not making any promises but, with my friend buying a mk1 Leon cupra r and me eventually buying a mk4 based quattro vehicle ... Well... I'll let you do the maths
UPDATE: he sold the cupra R, no mk1 AWD... He let us down.. lol

-staytuning|staymodified

Last edited:

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Another update... Non AWD related.. My standard speakers have been doing my head in, I'm not sure what the previous owner was doing but the speakers were terrible. So I bought some vibe components, the gold Kevlar ones... Had to adapt the adapter, trimming it down to to fit, I couldn't be bothered to do the tweeters today, maybe another day....
faca3b3c08f67e63c06bdbe289b1c999.jpg

Out with the old

36db9d19b72bcde0d57b253d948b5d6c.jpg

In with the new!

Oh and we made a purchase of a MK1 LCR not got much to show on the whole car but...
a093f29d4b2c50fcef58d37958f4c002.jpg

It's rolling road proven from R Tec 279bhp. Fast car!

Anyway enjoy your weekend all!

-staytuning|staymodified

Last edited:

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Great read so fair mate, massive project. Good luck! Looking forward to the updates.

Thanks! I'm kinda trying to back all the parts I bought but never fitted, so today I braved the rain and fitted a top strut, our cars already have one as standard (bulkhead connect to struts) but it's there now and should give minimal increase on track and when pushing bigger power it may become noticeable... Less talk more pictures !

e01c14e75d7fc1c646c3130a2ae12088.jpg

Ohh.. Also excuse the wrap around the induction pipe, it's heat repellant, but the main reason was due to it was scratched up and started to rub. Now I fitted it correctly ! (Jubilee on plastic gaurd) it shouldn't rub. Either way.. Still need to fit the heat shield!

Enjoy.

-staytuning|staymodified

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
As mentioned in my first(ish) post, I've got 034 engine mount and gearbox mount... But they're not fitted the dog bone and billet part is but not the upper mounts, maybe that's my task for tomorrow... If anyone wants a step by step just holla .

-staytuning|staymodified

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Hmm... No engine/ gearbox mounts today...yet. Well me and my friend with the mk1 planned to go out for dinner ... Why I don't know, but either way, today we both changed our oil, and whilst I changed my spark plugs, he had his interior wet vacced.

I changed my spark plugs to some I found on awesome, ment to be 1 grade down from OEM, The car runs so much much smoother! But yet, that could be helped with the oil tool. It's defiantly reduced the tapping our cars love!

db417154f1dce284aad085f60dcc58cc.jpg

4b390cc3b049ab64e1067a32fd9f882b.jpg

8cb9dff5e033c55fcf0706d14fa17758.jpg

Maybe engine mount and gearbox mount tomorrow.. Lol

Happy Easter all.

-staytuning|staymodified

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.