Cupra 280 19" Allow Wheel Cost

OldNick

Apr 13, 2005
Hi Guys

Can anybody tell me how much a replacement new Cupra 19" alloy wheel would cost?
I've kerbed one of mine and am wondering whether its worth repairing or just buy another wheel.

Cheers

Nik

OldNick

Apr 13, 2005
I appreciate repairing will be cheaper. The wheel repair place I have contacted have said the scuff is borderline if they can repair it at all. I have only sent them pictures of the scuff though, but I find it a bit hard to believe you cant repair it. It was a low speed scrape on a kerb. If it is repairable they want £180 so I was just weighing up whether to bother repairing at all.

Nik

OldNick

Apr 13, 2005
IMG_4099_zpsgcfhujfj.jpg

IMG_4098_zpsjb0te0dq.jpg

IMG_4097_zps3g7b6zkq.jpg

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015

Did you let my wife borrow your car?

That looks repairable and £180 sounds stupidly expensive. I had a full set of Interlagos alloys done on my Pasatt CC for £300. Full acid bath, repaint, and 2 x lacquer and bake.

My wifes Fabia vRS alloys were done for £250 and they were a right mess!

From experience I also would never let a mobile repairer near my wheels again (a local firm 'repaired' some very minor cosmetic damage to two of the wheels which the dealer wouldn't and I ended up with all the lacquer peeling off within a few months)

Last edited:

brentnall

Apr 29, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Very similar damage happened to mine a couple of months back.
Contacted a few nearby wheel repair places and they all quoted around £120-130 per alloy for diamond cut.
Id say you're being robbed at £180.

Didn't bother getting mine done at the time though, fate dictates that it'll only happen again if I do. Also the cars on a 3 year PCP so i'll probably get it repaired just before it goes back.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2006
I've just picked up a Cupra and it had to have the wheels repaired. One couldn't be fixed so they replaced it. Cost to SEAT (according to the salesman) was £397.

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Nick, do as Seastormer says, wet and dry then solvol autosol and brush paint some clear lacquer on to seal it. You may not get all of the marks out totally but you can make it look much better to the point where it probably wouldn't be noticed.

Below is the repair I did on mine, not perfect I admit but pretty hard to spot if you didn't know it was there. Got to be worth a try!
20150309_144959_zps4awirajs.jpg

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
The Cupra rims are not easy to repair because they are polished.
New rim cost over here about € 750,-
I had mine repaired here in the Netherlands for € 150,- a piece and it looks absolutely new now.
A picture of the damage I had:

zucnPAY.jpg
[/IMG]

OldNick

Apr 13, 2005
Thanks Guys

I don't think I've got the time, patience or materials to attempt the repair myself. I need to take it in to get a proper assessment as I have only emailed photos. Not sure what to do if they say they cant repair it at all!!

Nik

mbk72

Feb 21, 2015
www.youtube.com
The diamond cut finish is what causes the problem, I had the same issue on the RS3. Any good wheel repair place should be able to help but I think most send these wheels away for the actual repair. I was quoted about £110 for the repair on a 19" diamond cut wheel including the postage and it would have taken about 4 days. There was no spare wheel on the RS3 though so I never did get around to getting a repair. A new wheel will be way more £400ish seems quite a good price but I'd go for the repair if you can. Sod's law says if you buy a new wheel you'll catch that one again.

Mar 13, 2011
Also worth remembering that to properly repair diamond cut part of the wheel involves recutting / refinishing the whole surface. Therefore it won't look identical to the other wheels (unless you have the same amount of material removed on all of them). Diamond cut wheels just aren't worth the bother, the standard finish wheels supplied with the 265 are a much better idea. You see many golfs with crappy looking alloys because the owners can't get them refurbed.

Surprisingly the only damage on ours so far is a small paint chip on the painted part of the wheel which I touched in yesterday. I can confirm that the Audi code posted by seastormer in another thread is a very good match.

markrich

Sep 16, 2012
Stoke
then pay £400 for anew wheel I would have all 4 poweder coated then if you scrap one again its only £80 a rim have re done

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
I reckon that £400 will be the trade price to the dealer. I'd bet they'll be nearer £600 once mark up and VAT are added. I was quoted £550 for an 18" Omanyt for my Golf about 5 years ago. I doubt the prices have dropped since then.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Hi Guys

Can anybody tell me how much a replacement new Cupra 19" alloy wheel would cost?
I've kerbed one of mine and am wondering whether its worth repairing or just buy another wheel.

Cheers

Nik

I was thinking if I kerbed one of my wheels I would buy an aftermarket set, plain alloy, then sell the other 3 on ebay I am sure I would make a good profit as well.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.