Goldie's LCR 'S6AT R',Revo Stage 2, Forge,Weitec,Quaife LSD...

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Cheers mate !
I'm gonna leave the fly eye tint off for now as i was struggling to see now that winter has arrived.Will maybe put it back on for the summer months as i did like the stealth look,will have to see ??

In other news i had a some spare time this afternoon so i treated it to an oil and filter change and set of plugs at a friends garage.Since i've owned the car it's covered just over 10,000 miles in 2 years and as i do a lot of short journeys this will be the 4th time ive done this as i'm told you can never do enough oil changes ??

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Haven't updated for a while due to being busy with other things so thought it was about time !

Now anyone who has read my thread will know that most of it consists of me cleaning it a lot lol ! but over the winter months i have to admit i pretty much lost all interest in it and did seriously think that it was time to go our seperate ways (What a fool )

Over the winter months

So after spending the last few months neglecting it whilst concentrating on moving me and my family to a new house i now over the last 3 weeks or so have definatley found the love for it again !

First off i managed to get hold of 4x Dunlop sport tyres for a very good price which i then had fitted by a good friend of mine Duamo's LCR (he has a thread on here and Thanks mate) but has unfortunately sold his LCR but definately made a good choice with his new car an EVO !

Pic of front wheel with one of the new tyres fitted

Also a pic of my LCR alongside Duane's EVO

Then i was never 100% happy with the flyeye tint that was on the headlights so i decided to buy some light smoke tint and see how that looked

One headlight done

And the other

Very happy with the results !,Also that week my brother also bought another car a Ford Focus RS which i have to say is an awesome car with a real rally look and feel to it with a genuine 23,000 miles on the clock,We are planning a drive down in both cars to the Ace Cafe one evening soon so looking forward to that.

Focus RS

Next i decided that that after nearly 2 and a half years of ownership is was about time i bought some spacers for the rears as most cars on here seem to be running them.So i bought some 15mm ones

First i took the wheels off and gave them a clean and polish

Then on they went

I'm really happy with them as i thought that maybe i would have to raise the ride height on the rear but the wheels fit really nicely now with just a small gap between the tyre and the bodywork

A few more pics

So overall i'm really happy with what's been done over the last few weeks and now really have the enthusiasm back for it.Also i have been lucky enough to have been given a company vehicle so it's now become a weekend car so that'll keep the mileage down,I also have my name down for the LEON Owners club Stand at GTI Springfest at Santapod in a few weeks time so if the weathers dry it should be a good day.
Hopefully this will be the start of quite a few updates this year !!

This is probably my favourite looking black mk1 leon on here and i think you made a great choice not using them fly eyes again they didnt look nice at all but the lamin x looks great.
Seeing how well your car shines makes me kind of miss owning a black car but at the same time i dont miss the dirty look they get straight after.

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Thanks mate ! Ive defo got the love back for it, Also I really like the tint on the headlights and it wasn't that hard to do considering i have pretty much no patience lol ! And your right about black cars as they look great when first cleaned but dont stay that way for long.

DuamoLCR

Mar 23, 2013
Brackley
The smokes light look better mate. Let me know if you are heading down to ace cafe and don't mind a tag along as I wouldn't mind going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Cheers mate,Yeah will let you know mate,Hopefully be quite soon as what with the clocks going back we will start getting some long sunny evenings,just gotta sort an evening that will suit us

Richy Cupra

Fully paid member
Jul 6, 2011
Essex
Mate I think you win the dirtiest car award, that was seriously bad. Glad you have the love back and putting time into the car. Still need to see this in the metal ;)

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Yeah was pretty dirty mate can't believe i let it get that bad lol,Definately have the love back for it and have a couple of things i want to do to it over the next few months (fit a boost gauge etc).Also really gonna have to meet up with you guys at some point this year as it's over due,Have to keep an eye on what shows most of you are gonna be attending.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Such a sweet looking car, looks so much better with the spacers now too! Great buy mate.

Hopefully see you and the car in the near future!

Richy Cupra

Fully paid member
Jul 6, 2011
Essex
Yeah was pretty dirty mate can't believe i let it get that bad lol,Definately have the love back for it and have a couple of things i want to do to it over the next few months (fit a boost gauge etc).Also really gonna have to meet up with you guys at some point this year as it's over due,Have to keep an eye on what shows most of you are gonna be attending.

Yes mate definitely, I'll be attending at least a couple this year so will we shall have to organise a stand at some point.

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
It's gotta happen this year guys a stand at a show would be great !,
Also just ordered some 10mm spacers for the fronts so hopefully the stance will be spot on.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
10mm at the front spot on good choice!

We do need to all link up at a show for sure.

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Thanks Tom,Hopefully we can make it happen at some point this summer ?

Also my 10mm spacers arrived today so i put them on this evening

My homemade timber ramps lol

And there on !,

Not had chance to take the car up the road yet so hard to tell if they have improved the way it looks but i'm sure once i have and it's settled properly it will look fine
I have a week off work next week so what with GTI Springfest on the Sunday it gives me chance to get it cleaned and polished up so hopefully it will be looking ready to go by then.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.