Awesome GTI Clutch - £625 and worth every penny!

AshFR

Seat Leon TDi PD150 2005
Mar 10, 2011
Shropshire
photobucket.com
Anyone got the link to this Awesome GTI clutch?

Im running a southbend and have been for the past year but had it fitted feb 2012 then another new one jan 2013 and now i think i need another as its playing up again but still not 100% sure its the clutch.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
My mates blew 2 of these so far!

Okay for low power but when pushing on its worth going for a better unit

W11TTX

Apr 23, 2012
Cheshire
Isn't it strange how its no longer available??? I didn't go for it in the end ended up getting a Sachs smf and clutch kit. All gen parts. The awesome clutch plate is a Sachs helix mix I think . Would like to find out why its no longer available as I'm sure people who have it would like to know as well!

Dec 25, 2009
Isn't it strange how its no longer available???

I wondered this, i asked them when i bought the kit if they could supply just the pressure plate and clutch should i need another later down the line and they said they could but im guessing not as they dont appear to have the clutch kit advertised anymore :(

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Isn't it strange how its no longer available??? I didn't go for it in the end ended up getting a Sachs smf and clutch kit. All gen parts. The awesome clutch plate is a Sachs helix mix I think . Would like to find out why its no longer available as I'm sure people who have it would like to know as well!

I would like to know for sure.

Id imagine it would have been 380-400lbft

Ah, right on the limit then! I'm over 300 lb/ft but the lower end so should be fine torque wise. Touch wood the clutch has been fine for me.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Wow, been a while since I read this thread and had a laugh at the comedy posts early on..

Guess what? My clutch is still fine almost two years on......... there's a trackday or two in there too!

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
Wow, been a while since I read this thread and had a laugh at the comedy posts early on..

Guess what? My clutch is still fine almost two years on......... there's a trackday or two in there too!

mine was...

until I turned the GT3071 up to 2bar, then it started slipping in 6th :cry:

Anyone actually know what the unit was now? as awesome are saying they don't supply parts for it now. so I'm half tempted to get a paddle friction plate and throw that in. My worry is that looking around you can only buy the CGMotorsports paddles on their own, and with a clio currently in my workshop with a completely obliterated box/fly/engine block due to a CG clutch failure I'm a little nervous...

Dec 25, 2009
Mine is slipping too just about 15months on, it was Techniclutch they used.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.