Awesome GTI Clutch - £625 and worth every penny!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Barely do that a year but it's still been fine and survived track time no probs, El's was the same too.

Drive it hard when I use it :)

Dec 25, 2009
I kick mine about daily, now more so than before, its starting to slip but i have to put up with it for now as no time to fit my new kit. Waste of £600 odd tbh.

Last edited:

Ash-Kennard

why are you reading this?
Jul 31, 2008
portsmouth
Hi Tim,

"Awesome GTI clutches are the best cheapest single mass performance clutch on the market", in that out of the cheap single mass clutches that are available on the market, the Awesome GTI adaptation seems to be the best.

However, this has not been proven over time, and if they're selling them for £625 then imagine how much they're buying them for, and therefore they must be made in a cheap factory in China, as are the Technoclutch clutches, which look very similar and are sold on eBay as cheap single mass performance clutches.

The Southbend clutches are available from a good UK distributor, so there's no need to import one, and a Southbend truly is the best single mass performance clutch on the market.

That's my point in case, and now I will indeed move on ;)

Today $900 = £606.

Looks like the Awesome GTI ones are more expensive...

I've been looking at new clutches too, from what I have heard the Southbend ones seem to be excellent for some and a nightmare for others.

Keep us up to date with the Awesome one mate, would be nice if it turned out great.

Cheers, Ash

taffyR

May 15, 2006
TREALAW/ RHONDDA S.WALES
Point made. Awesome are selling these at an introductory price. I did a lot of research and found that this awesome one offered everything I needed for the best and most reasonable price that was in my budget range.

I was told to stay away from techniclutches and various other companies. I looked at Sachs and LUK too. Also a couple of uk based companies but they were all too expensive for me.

I'm sure the clutches/company you mentioned offer excellent clutches but I just couldn't afford it.

Conclusion - if you are looking for a great and good priced single mass performance clutch and flywheel then go to awesome.
If you have more money and want to buy a higher end clutch then look at Sachs and Southbends clutches - and if you have that money then invest in a new LSD :)

..... Wish I had that money to burn :/ dam mortgage!

hi guys... Noted your reference tp techniclutch..just bought a clutch kit for my ibiza cupraR from them. Told them the spec of car, Load of shite...
Running td 05 with a tsr built unit and water/meth....360bhp/320lb/ft
Bedded in for 500 miles, done everything correct.
Starts to slip when water meth cuts in.
Looks like ill be ringing awesome soon,
Best Advice? Dont skimp on price... you get what you pay for!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise