Milltek resonated or non resonated.

paulos44

Mar 11, 2013
Warwickshire
Hello folks.....
I asked this question many months ago but,from what i remember,did not get a definitive answer.
My current set-up on my Toledo 20vt Custom Code Stage 1 is a Toyosports 2.5 inch SS downpipe with sports cat connected to a bog standard centre and rear section.I want to add a Milltek 2.5 inch Cat-back system to complete the set-up.
As i have 2 very young children,i simply cant afford to have a system that is noisy when cruising at 60-80 mph on the motorway etc.
On the other hand,i would like a system that gives a nice raspy noise when i put my foot down through the gears,which is non-existent with my current centre and rear section.
Therefore,do i go resonated or non resonated ?

Bouncerbeater

Old enough to know better
Mar 15, 2013
Gloucestershire
I have resonated with downpipe and sports cat on my Cupra and it is nice and quiet but purposeful when you put you foot down. Purchased from csd19 above, also have a full non resonated system on my LCR and its substantially louder at all times, not offensive but could drone on a long journey.

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Got a resonated milltek cat back on mine along with a pipewerx DP because the wife drives it to work and I didn't want the hassle of her complaining about any noise. Suits my needs very well, no drone at all, can hardly tell from the inside that there's even a performance exhaust on the car. The only time I find that the volume increases is when decelerating from higher revs and even then it's not loud. Have been told it sounds good from the outside, purposeful but not anti social.

paulos44

Mar 11, 2013
Warwickshire
Well thanks for the info chaps......i think resonated it will be,as soon as the car goes through the MOT in a fortnight,,,,hopefully.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise