DIY hardwire dashcam installation

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Mines in as well now, big thanks to Terry for the detailed instructions and list of parts :thumbup:

One thing I noticed, is that you do see a bit of reflection from the dash on the video, so the demister vents and speaker grille, not sure we can do anything about that. Everything else seems good!

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Mines in as well now, big thanks to Terry for the detailed instructions and list of parts :thumbup:

One thing I noticed, is that you do see a bit of reflection from the dash on the video, so the demister vents and speaker grille, not sure we can do anything about that. Everything else seems good!
Either flock your dash or make a polarising filter using a pair of 3D glasses.

A CPL filter over the camera lens can help reduce dashboard reflections but finding one that fits can be a pita.

Last edited:

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Hmm, might have to see what can be attached to the 0805, looks like the 0806 is prepared for a filter.

It's not massively bad, I tend to notice these things. I've only recorded one trip since installing so will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the info all by the way :)

Last edited:

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
It's quite bad in certain light, I've posted a pic of it a few posts back. The speaker grille reflection is in the middle of the shot and can make number plates fuzzy.

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
It's quite bad in certain light, I've posted a pic of it a few posts back. The speaker grille reflection is in the middle of the shot and can make number plates fuzzy.

Ah just found that one terry, not sure how I missed it reading this thread a few hundred times :) - Will have to do some digging and work something out, surely can't be camera specific though as even our eyes see this reflection in certain lights. Every camera must have this issue?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I used the how to on dashcamtalk to build the filter using the lens cap from the mobius and the lens from a pair of 3D glasses and the results are quite decent. Not amazing, but the effect is there

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Finished my hardwire this morning.
I pulled the A-Pillar trim off and taped the cable to the loom that runs up there, and pulled the headlining down slightly at the top to get the cable under then just pushed it under with my fingers right the way across to where it drops to the camera. Quite an easy job compared to some cars I've worked on.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
I couldn't deside between the mini 0805/0806 or the mobius both with pluses and minius, looked to purchase the later and then saw issues with the newest model. So went back to the 0806 which also has issues too!

So finally found the 0805...

Do any of you guys have issues with dab interference, think it's more so with the mobius?

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
I have a small amount of interference which only started when I installed the 0805.

DAB will sometimes lose signal momentarily then come back again. Generally worse in built up areas.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Got my 0805 today, had a quick try and seems good.

I've held it up where i've considered fitting it to the screen and you can see on the right in the shot the rain sensor housing. This is in my Golf BTW, new Leon will be with me soon i hope.

I was hoping to stick the mount in the black dotted area behind the review mirror, will find out once i have the new car but wondered how high up you guys have fitted the Minis?

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
It can't really go much higher than where mine is (pic on first page) otherwise the black dots gets into view.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.