what have you done to your car today ?

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Had a nice word with a police man after he pointed a speed gun at me when i was driving across dartmoor. 49 in a 40 but they were only doing people if they were doing over 51. Close call for me.

roger1965

Jul 13, 2014
dropped mine off at my mates for the weekend, he give it a clay bar and mopped it for me,
took him 8 hours to get all the crap off it,
looks a lot better but now show's all the previous paintwork and stone chips.
also treated it to some new badges.

cf22cupra

cf22cupra
Apr 29, 2013
West yorkshire
Washed and polished the motor ,cleaned up and painted the new axle ready for powerflex bushes ,new bearings and abs sensors ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Spent more money on the car ... seems as though she wasn't happy enough with having a major service with high spec plugs and oil ... and rear pads and discs ... and a 007p ... and a Milltek Exhaust.

She now wants a new clutch, DMF, and had a slight misfire this morning which came and went ... so 2 new coilpacks being fitted tonight.

Clutch, DMF and 4 x new Sessanta's going on Thursday.

Bouncerbeater

Old enough to know better
Mar 15, 2013
Gloucestershire
Got the guys at the local car wash to valet my seats as they were looking a right state from when I bought it. Remarkably they came up better than expected. :)

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Got the new clutch kit and flywheel fitted .... They showed me the old flywheel and it was in a bit of a state!

Also had 4 x new Vredestein Sessantas fitted ... Oh, and had a full (and free) diagnostics scan to make sure everything's 100%, and it is :)

Now all it needs is new front discs and pads ... Have the discs in the garage, just need some decent pads. That's a job for next week. Good job I love my car!

2die4

Jan 23, 2012
Well took the car to AMD today as it's been running rough lately and I expected it to be the coil packs or MAF sensor but got a call to say the cambelt is out by quite abit and will need replacing :cry: Was suppose to be done by the previous owner only 7k ago but he didn't do it correctly :censored:

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
Replace the crankshaft position sensor. My car just cut out without any error messages...I thought of fuel pump as they tend to wear out eventually, but replaced this sensor first after a golden tip.

No more hesitations or cut outs. It was a pretty shitty job to do, very limited space and a sensor which is wedged in for 13 years is kinda hard to remove!

Crankshaft sensor closeup by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

That hose is my PCV ventilation (to air).

Crankshaft Sensor position by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

New vs Old sensor. Notice the grime and filthyness on the old sensor. Would probably work after a good clean, but I prefer new shiny parts :)

New vs Old by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr[/QUOTE]

mesh

Mar 4, 2015
SCQ Spain
Changed clocks to UK spec for when I return to the UK and also changed colour of dials to white leaving needles red.

1128m7o.jpg

Although having a bit of a problem with them, please look at the following link to see if you can help me:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=417460

mesh

Mar 4, 2015
SCQ Spain
I WANT!!! How did you do that may I ask?

Its quite easy. Its just a case of changing the leds inside the instrument cluster. The is a thread explaining how to do it. Although in that thread they put normal SMD leds where the sideleds should go... but I bought some sideleds from France via Ebay.

Going to change the temp and petrols ones too though... thought this look may grow on me but it hasnt yet.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=372125

Last edited:

Daedalus

Over the last week I have:

- Had my LCR towed home when it died
- Replaced the fuel pump to get it running again

And once that was fixed, I got stuck into the list of jobs I've been putting off until the weather improved:

- Replaced the fuel filter
- Gave it an oil service
- Reset the service indicator
- Removed, straightened and refitted the front splitter after an incident with a speed ramp
- Replaced ARB bushes
- Found the source of the knocking sound (knackered droplink) and ordered parts
- Bought a thermostat and coolant (but put off changing them)
- Cleaned the seats and carpets, waxed the paintwork
- Replaced some odd bulbs with bulbs that match colour and brightness-wise
- Booked it into a body shop next week to fix a dent put in the boot by some scumbag
- Ordered new badges to replace the existing ones with damaged lacquer

Productive couple of days I think :) Hoping for a good weekend now so I can change the thermostat, coolant and droplinks...

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members