anyone know an easy guide to take the exuast manifold off?

chriss1987

Jan 22, 2015
As above. Ive made a school boy error by changing the engine over using old turbo/exhaust gaskits now its blowing. looking at it in the car i cant see how i can get to it. I have got all the gaskits now which only cost 22 quid. Ive called a few garages some don't want the job others want 300.00 :(

Can anyone help with a guide or something please.

chriss1987

Jan 22, 2015
The manifold to engine is blowing from the side the turbos on. So i need the turbo off to get to the manifold. But from underneath now it looks harder to do. I have turbo gaskits aswell so i can change them whilst the turbos off.

Apr 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Its an absolute ******* of a job to be honest. Going from underneath is the easiest way as the access to the top stubs are near impossible from the engine bay. I removed the turbo and the subframe as it greatly increases your work space (but then I was swapping the tubo and exhaust out completely so this may not be ideal for you as its alot of work just for a gasket)

chriss1987

Jan 22, 2015
If i take the intercooler turbo pipe off the top of the engine. take the heat insulation and rubber off. Undo the 3 bolts on turbo to downpipe off push that apart then take the 3 bolts holding the turbo to manifold off and the oil feed to turbo off will i get to the 13 manifold bolts that way?

chriss1987

Jan 22, 2015
Would i be risking damaging anything driving the car with it blowing from the manifold. IM no mechanic so its always worth an ask its very loud when it first fires up cold then it don't sound so bad unless im accelerating.