Goldie's LCR 'S6AT R',Revo Stage 2, Forge,Weitec,Quaife LSD...

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
I know it's not the best looking engine bay around but i spent a bit a bit of time cleaning it up this morning,Pretty pleased with the result,would love to get some polished bits under there when money permits.

Gonna spend some time on the outside of the car this week as finally we seem to be getting some nice weather !

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Looking good mate! Engine bay looks lovely, you should see mine if you think otherwise haha! :)

Albeit mines unmodified, it needs a damn good clean! What have you used to clean up the parts on your engine? Just a damp rag or? I'm completely new to when it comes to cleaning up an engine and an engine bay! :)

--Lee

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Cheers guys,I used some degreaser then autosol and Autoglym bumper care on the plastics.
Started giving it a clean and polish today,getting there will finish it tomorrow wheels,interior etc

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Had a bit of a nightmare with my current amp and sub set up over the weekend (basically it decided to stop working !)
So i ordered some new one's to replace them,I bought a 12 inch Pioneer sub and a JBL amp.
This is the sub

I have plans to make my own enclosure for it at some stage but it's going in this basic one for now

Hopefully the amp will arrive in the next couple of days so i can get them both installed and see how it sounds.

lukehowardd

Jan 1, 2015
Been busy with the car this week,First i ordered an MTX sub and amp which should be with me any day now,I also received the new front grill that i ordered (genuine Seat part)

I will be fitting it some time next week as there are more pressing matters to attend too!!
I decided to buy some new rear brake carriers (or back plates) as my original one's had pretty much had it along with the rear discs,

The new one's which i had painted at my brothers bodyshop along with the discs (the excess paint will be taken off by the pads)

I'm really happy with the results!
So then last night we set about removing the old set up which wasn't too difficult as most of the bolts came undone without to much hassle
Drivers side

Passenger side

I have today bought some new wheel bearings for both sides which i then had pressed onto the hubs.That just leaves the calipers to be prep'd then re-painted which i'm going to do tomorrow,Then it will be a case of putting it all back together and giving it all a good clean then fingers crossed it all works and looks ok,
This is how it's been left for now looking a bit sorry for it self!!

So hopefully in a few days time it should be back up and running and hopefully all the work will have been worth it!
Where you get your rear brake carriers from mate!? Car looks mint :)

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Cheers mate !
I got the brake carriers from a SEAT dealer then had them painted at a bodyshop to give them a better shine,If your thinking of changing yours they are a pain in the arse to remove as you have to strip everything off to get to them.

goldie74

goldie74
Jan 1, 2013
Oxfordshire
Installed the amp this evening which i won on ebay for £20 Bargain !
Now it maybe a little old school but i imagine when it was new it must have been quite a good one as when i turned it on it sounded great and hits really hard so i'm well pleased with it !
Gonna get the wires tidied up at the weekend then start making plans for my new enclosure which will hide everything but the sub

lukehowardd

Jan 1, 2015
Cheers mate !
I got the brake carriers from a SEAT dealer then had them painted at a bodyshop to give them a better shine,If your thinking of changing yours they are a pain in the arse to remove as you have to strip everything off to get to them.
Cheers mate. Might give it ago one day :p

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.