MK2 Leon ownership now at an end.........

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Have you considered a 335i BMW coupe!??

My mate has just bought one, just over 300bhp out of the box, silky smooth (you cannot tell it's turbocharged), and potential for LOTS more grunt with very little outlay and they lay the power really well too being RWD.

I myself am hankering after a B7 RS4 Avant as I want a bigger boot (Fisherman with silly amounts of gear if i'm honest!), AWD for traction, and pace like my LCR and these tick those boxes but unfortunately I cannot make up the difference i'd need to get a good/lower mileage example!:(

Keep missing posts! Sorry!

Mikey got a B7 RS4 and they are nice cars but not for me. 335i would be nice also although its probably a little on the large side for me - they are quite long cars. When I drove my bosses new M3 I was very aware of how much bigger it was than the Leon.

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Engine mounts stiffen up the front end and reduce likelihood of wheel hop. SMF is noisy, makes gear changes less fluid and is generally unpleasant.

Given your experience with these cars, would you say the SMF is the reason I finding it harder to disengage gear when in the lower gears (1,2 and occassionally 3)? Uprated fluid has improved things slightly but i'm still looking for a complete solution...

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Given your experience with these cars, would you say the SMF is the reason I finding it harder to disengage gear when in the lower gears (1,2 and occassionally 3)? Uprated fluid has improved things slightly but i'm still looking for a complete solution...

Yep. I absolutely would. Whenever I used mine in anger gears often became unavailable and even putting it in to neutral was a challenge. Fluid, clutch master and slave cylinders may help but the chances are its the SMF.

Aug 1, 2012
Riga, Latvia
At least 3 I know of stuck. And the Forge Twintercooler with an S3 intercooler allows too much pressure drop and blocks air to the main intercooler. I lost 5-6mph terminal speed on the 1/4 mile with the Twintercooler fitted.

Haven't seen the "Revo PCV fix" to be honest. If its similar to the BSH catch can or blank I used, then it would be worth considering.

PCV fix

OR

Catch can kit

Thanks, Al

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Speak to David at SERE. He knows it off the top of his head.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.