New Purchase Cupra R

Martyn44

Apr 5, 2015
Hi guys am new to the forums and just bought a 62 plate cupra R, after selling my much loved fabia vrs :D. I have a few newbie questions if anyone would be so kind to help.

Can the factory radio/display play Dvd's or movies from a usb?

For a stage 1 remap what bhp/torque figures can i expect and any good places to recommend around Gloucestershire/Bristol?

What would be the best way of getting a nicer grunt from the exhaust without making it too loud/chavvy as i have a new born baby that will be in the car?

I'm sure the dealer said to me the seats were heated but i'm doubtful as i can't see any controls for it?

I only got the car today and took it out for a drive and so far love it :D i will post some pictures soon.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Don't think you can play films no, don't think it supports the files.

Stage 1 map, get APR, seriously they are the top of the game for these cars, stage 1 on mine saw 334bhp, check the link in my signature.

Plenty have opted for a BCS system, they use the powervalve that only really sings when you boot it.

Mine didn't have heated seats but I'm sure it was an option.

Welcome to the forums :wave:

Sent from my G3 using Tuppytalk

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Hi guys am new to the forums and just bought a 62 plate cupra R, after selling my much loved fabia vrs :D. I have a few newbie questions if anyone would be so kind to help.

Can the factory radio/display play Dvd's or movies from a usb?

For a stage 1 remap what bhp/torque figures can i expect and any good places to recommend around Gloucestershire/Bristol?

What would be the best way of getting a nicer grunt from the exhaust without making it too loud/chavvy as i have a new born baby that will be in the car?

I'm sure the dealer said to me the seats were heated but i'm doubtful as i can't see any controls for it?

I only got the car today and took it out for a drive and so far love it :D i will post some pictures soon.
Before fitting an exhaust disconnect the sound generator, it makes a world of difference particularly on long journeys. Also take parcel shelf out, drop rear seats down and go for a blast, it should make you smile!
Enjoy, I still miss ours... :(

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Just don't drop the rear seats with the little one strapped in, that'll take some explaining to the missus ;)

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Just don't drop the rear seats with the little one strapped in, that'll take some explaining to the missus ;)

Trust you to spot the one flaw in my otherwise brilliant plan..... :D

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Don't get me wrong it's still genius, I'm just saying don't get caught ;)

Martyn44

Apr 5, 2015
Thanks for the fast reply Crafoo. I've been busy enjoying my new toy haha.

So the BCS Catback would be the best option? do you have a link to it, and what roughly is the fitting cost? I'm a bit inexperienced at the moment because with my fabia all i did was chop out the cat and box and have a straight through pipe. Im not really looking to take it past a stage 1 map anytime in the near future so would just having the cat back and not the full system suffice for this? Also why not miltek?

One thing thats niggling at me is i haven't got the manual or service book yet as the owner didn't bring it when he part ex'd the car back to the dealer. its coming in 2-3 weeks but i cannot for the life of me work out what the button on the rear view mirror is lmao prob because i haven't had a newish car before :D.

Sorry for a million and one questions but i find that the best answers usually come forums as i found with Briskoda.

Thanks in advance :D

Last edited:

Martyn44

Apr 5, 2015
Doesn't sound much louder than oem when you drive it normally (as you can hear from the start of the video). Sounds mint when you put ya foot down tho[/QUOTE]

yeah that sounds real nice

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
From memory cat back is required for anything past stage 1.

Miltek seem to have had a few people comment on their quality, over time I've heard they don't always wear well.

The button on the rear view is to turn the anti dazzle on/off basically stops you getting blinded by headlights in the rearview.

Last edited:

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
From memory cat back is required for anything past stage 1.

Miltek seem to have had a few people comment on their quality, over time I've heard they don't always wear well.

The button on the rear view is to turn the anti dazzle on/off basically stops you getting blinded by headlights in the rearview.

Downpipe ;)

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Hi and welcome!

Iv had mine coming up 3 weeks now and I'm enjoying it,I'm also carting round our 6mth old baby girl,can't recommend isofix baby seat base enough !!! .iv been thinking if I should remap etc but I'm swaying towards decent summer tyres and a less restrictive panel filter.and just enjoy it for what it is.i was also thinking about adding dyno Matt to the parcel shelf and back seat backs to help reduce the noise at high speeds on the motorway ( not exhaust noise more the droning noise)

You could probably get a 1 off custom system made by the of AAS exhausts in Newcastle that's free flowing and not too intrusive for around £1k

Last edited:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Hi and welcome!

Iv had mine coming up 3 weeks now and I'm enjoying it,I'm also carting round our 6mth old baby girl,can't recommend isofix baby seat base enough !!! .iv been thinking if I should remap etc but I'm swaying towards decent summer tyres and a less restrictive panel filter.i was also thinking about adding dyno at to the parcel shelf and back seat backs to help reduce the noise at high speeds on the motorway

You could probably get a 1 off custom system made by the of AAS exhausts in Newcastle that's free flowing and not too intrusive for around £1k
A remap is really one of those things that does transform the car, I'd heard people say it before i had mine done and thought they were overplaying it, but it's definitely worth it.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
A remap is really one of those things that does transform the car, I'd heard people say it before i had mine done and thought they were overplaying it, but it's definitely worth it.

Couldn't agree more, I'm no stranger to modifying and mapping just think I might not tinker to much with this one,

I'm having trouble deciding on tyres :confused:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
There are literally dozens of tyre threads on here mate, do a search. I guarantee it'll only make you even more unsure of what to buy, everyone thinks differently. If i was in the market for tyres I'd go Michelin pss but it's really something you need to do some research on, get on a proper tyre review website and get some proper feedback.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
There are literally dozens of tyre threads on here mate, do a search. I guarantee it'll only make you even more unsure of what to buy, everyone thinks differently. If i was in the market for tyres I'd go Michelin pss but it's really something you need to do some research on, get on a proper tyre review website and get some proper feedback.

Torn between good old GY eagle f1's,Pirelli Nero's and one of the track day type jobbies.

It's more the summer vs track day tyre I'm having trouble deciding on

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.