breaking a cupra r

Karl-lcr

Jul 5, 2014
Well good people of seatcupra.net
The car 6k miles after its rebuild the car has decided to give me all the same symptoms.today as to what it done before when it bent a conrod.
Ran 110% as per usual today for 20odd miles. Stopped at a shop and when I came out it was clean off a cylinder and driving like a bag of crap.
Basically it's going to be put onto the diagnostics trace the problem and if it's anything serious it shall be broke, tho what kind of money do they break into? Is it worthwhile?
I have lost all heart in the car after treating it so well. Recently hand-washed the interior and give it a buff so was sitting.rather mint. And money is tied up in the house and a 6 month old.
Selling it as it sits wouldn't be an option as I wouldn't get too much for it.

Any sort of input would be of great help.

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
A lot of people do break these as pending on age and condition , they bring in a fair bit more money in pieces . Only down fall is you have to strip it , store parts , then get rid of a empty body .
Worth seeing what damage is there if any . Shame to see another one going the same way as so many others .

cuprar1985

Aug 26, 2013
whats it got as im looking for a few mods uprated bits if it has any non resonated turbo back decat ect any power mods id be interested in keep me updated

Karl-lcr

Jul 5, 2014
No power mods as such has a non resonated standard seat system on it. Been decatted and mapped that's about it. Lowered on h&r springs.
Might throw a sickie tomorrow and get hunting round it see if it's going to be fixed or.broke or the way I felt today (60 mile from home) put a match to it and walk.away lol.

Bouncerbeater

Old enough to know better
Mar 15, 2013
Gloucestershire
Only thing I would say is standard parts ie exhaust, suspension are not so desirable of course so would affect the overall you would manage to achieve in total. Pretty obvious I know

Karl-lcr

Jul 5, 2014
Yeah I know that it being basically standard means it won't return a great deal. Trying to figure of it would be better breaking it than taking real bad money for it the way it sits. I honestly don't have the time to pull the engine out again if it has bent a rod.

Karl-lcr

Jul 5, 2014
I bought it already mapped. With a receipt in service history from obd autotune in Ballymena NI.
Today went out and had a nosey round it.
Number 2 conrod bendy bendy.
TIP had a huge hole in it and the thinner pipe running to the charge pipe had split so I guessing this wouldn't have helped towards it running right.
All stripped and head coming off tomorrow. Get it Fixed Fixed, built, and up the road out of my way. All should be built up by tomorrow night then need to get a TIP and a new manifold to turbo gasket as it caused a bit of problems taking it out.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise