Milk spillage in the boot!! Help!!

Edward81

May 13, 2009
Hi all,

My better half managed to spill milk in the boot of our Leon and though she did put some bicarbonate soda onto the spillage she then totally forgot about it for 4 days meaning when I got back in the car after the Easter bank holiday the car totally stank and still does!!

It has seeped through to the underside of the boot carpet i.e into the fire retardant material which is still damp.

I would ideally like to remove the rear carpet which covers the spare wheel etc, so to get it dry and to remove the smell from the car for the time being. The only way I can think of removing the carpet is by removing the rear seats.

Any ideas much appreciated on how best to remove the carpet/ the rear seats?

Cheers,

Ed :censored:

Aug 31, 2013
Washington Tyne&Wear
LMAO

sorry

but heard it is an utter pee take to remove heard could be a whole new carpet job as it just doesnt leave for example my mate spilt milk on his living room carpet and he had to get a new one in the end as it would not leave

woops

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Can't you carefully cut the carpet ? I did this with my sound system install ( sub in the wheel well ) , then used double sided Velcro to stick it back down . Never had any problems with it .

Graham1984

Mar 7, 2015
I wouldn't worry about it and just leave it. After all, there's no point crying over spilt milk.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
i've wanted one of these for ages but do you have a pic of how it fits? I don't want to buy it and then have like massive gaps with the carpet exposed

As others will confirm it fits the boot floor space perfectly and comes up the sides about an inch. There is no floor carpet on show.

nsheridan

Feb 23, 2015
Ireland
Ozone will take out the smell. Either hire an ozone generator or bring the car to a place that will do it for you. Or find a detailer who can take care of it.
Personally I'd go looking for a good detailer who knows what they're doing.

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
peterborough/cambridgeshire
remove rear seats, remove boot carpet, pressure washer the hell out the carpet, traffic film remover is safe to use on it too.

had to do this on mine as the previous owner split diesel in the boot

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.