Seat Leon tdi fr intercooler hose rubber seal

stu1986

Aug 19, 2010
redditch
Does anyone know if you can buy the rubber seal / o ring as a separate part for the lower intercooler hose from a seat dealer or will I have to buy the whole hose? They are in eBay but they come from Poland and will take weeks to arrive

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Yes, you can. I have a part number somewhere from when it happened to me. I'll get back when I've found it...

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
It is likely that the seals are different diameters as I expect the pipes are too... TDI turbochargers push a lot more air and at higher pressure. And I'm afraid I don't have the part numbers, I forgot I was in the Mk.2 Leon section, it was My Mk.2 Toledo TDI 150 that blew a hose, and I took the opportunity to replace all the seals - not a bad idea, they do wear with all the flexing , and the usual symptom is a leak of oil (from the crankcase gases from the PCV system) from the lower hoses before the intercooler.

In my case the seals were specific to the TDI 150 (ARL engine) pipework.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
It is likely that the seals are different diameters as I expect the pipes are too... TDI turbochargers push a lot more air and at higher pressure. And I'm afraid I don't have the part numbers, I forgot I was in the Mk.2 Leon section, it was My Mk.2 Toledo TDI 150 that blew a hose, and I took the opportunity to replace all the seals - not a bad idea, they do wear with all the flexing , and the usual symptom is a leak of oil (from the crankcase gases from the PCV system) from the lower hoses before the intercooler.

In my case the seals were specific to the TDI 150 (ARL engine) pipework.

I've had a look on ETKA and it's coming up with the same part numbers for TFSI and TDI, a quick google of the part number suggests the same.

They leak oil from the intercooler join because they only seal when under pressure, small amounts of oil leak out when the engine is off.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.