Anti roll bar rubbing

Blaneyboy92

Mar 17, 2015
Need help! Lowered car on coilovers and put adjustable drop links on and my anti roll bar started rubbing off the drive shaft. I bought a brand new anti roll bar kit as it was and upgraded one for lowering the car and improve handling, (eibach £350) but it's still rubbing any ideas?

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
The upgraded anti roll bar routes underneath the driveshafts , not on top , yes?

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
a bigger loop anti roll bar will stop the rubbing for a certain time but if you keep going lower you'll get the same problem, best way is to get an under driveshaft anti roll bar. or if youre going slammed like i did just get rid of it completely

no, get it done properly though otherwise you could severely weaken your chassis

Don't see how you could do it wrong really... Unless your stupid and I can guarantee 110% that my own chassis notch is stronger than any professional place. I do restore cars for a living though so I did know what I was doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaneyboy92

Mar 17, 2015
Yeah there's a place a few miles from me called chizfab that fabricate drift cars and they do it

Dee Wright

May 21, 2015
NORTHERN IRELAND
Do the audi tt or r32 front anti roll bars need any modification to fit or are they a straight swap over? My droplinks dont bolt onto the strut they go on the bottom arm...any help would be great its putting my head away!!!
I ALSO SEEN SOMEWHERE THAT CUPRA R ONES FIT?

Last edited:

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
Do the audi tt or r32 front anti roll bars need any modification to fit or are they a straight swap over? My droplinks dont bolt onto the strut they go on the bottom arm...any help would be great its putting my head away!!!
I ALSO SEEN SOMEWHERE THAT CUPRA R ONES FIT?

cupra r ones are the same as tt/r32.

you can use standard droplinks but get a longer bolt and make up a spacer (use a nut maybe) and connect it on to your wishbone as they would normally

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
If it was the Eibach 25mm/25mm kit you had fitted then the JOM ARB doesn't give a great deal more clearance really, may be just enough for what you need though.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Dee Wright

May 21, 2015
NORTHERN IRELAND
Quick update...jom anti roll bar arrived today...does the job for how low i want it. Although i'd say that if you are looking to go crazy low then you need an under running bar as the jom one i dont think will let you, from what i can see anyway. Ps. Was a fair bit handier to do than i was expecting!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.