Cupra bucket seats - worth it?

Nov 28, 2006
I think the buckets are with the leather side bolsters...

Look at this one:

2luw8d1.jpg

I have leather non-buckets in mine in what Seat call Black/Grey Nevada. The grey bits I'm pretty sure aren't leather or at least don't feel like it.

Nov 28, 2006
If you use the car configurator on the Seat website you'll see that the grey bits look identical on all the seats even the non leather ones (apart from the totally black choice of course).

Syndrome

Nov 29, 2014
Wiltshire
Got them in my car, the backs are like a plastic shell, either side of the white vinyl strip is leather (feels and smells real so I don't think it's pleather) and the middle including the headrests is alacantra.

I took a demo out with the black leather pack and although the seats felt nice it made the interior too dark and it just felt like a FR to me and sticking the buckets in makes it feel like a hot-hatch inside.

They are very comfy and the side bolsters hug you well without being too invasive like a real racing seat would, it's a very nice balance. The GF is usually very sensitive to seats as she has a niggly back but she managed an 8 hour journey in them while I "drove in a spirited fashion" around the Brecons and she had no complaints afterwards... well not about the seats.

TL;DR They may be expensive but they are good and they complete the car IMHO.

Syndrome

Nov 29, 2014
Wiltshire
I got bored and went outside to take some pictures, the black area which the handles sit in and surrounds the back piece is leather like the side bolsters.
IMG_1706_zpsuty9coev.jpg

IMG_1707_zpsjmg0amhp.jpg

IMG_1709_zps40svbjls.jpg

Last edited:

R19

Mar 8, 2015
They do look awesome. I'm in the same boat of waiting for the standard alcantaras.
Just can't bring myself to paying the extra 1200

Syndrome

Nov 29, 2014
Wiltshire
They are and if I wasn't keeping the car for 3 years or so I wouldn't bother, but they do make the cabin feel a little more special and like a hot hatch.

R19

Mar 8, 2015
It is one downfall of the model not having them as standard. My mate has a new Astra VXR and buckets are standard. But then again you don't get satnav and a few other bits as standard with it. Swings and roundabouts!

Syndrome

Nov 29, 2014
Wiltshire
Even though both cars as standard have virtually the same OTR price (give or take £200) the Cupra 280 has all the bits off the Golf GTI performance pack, an option that is worth around £1k on a Golf and like you say, Sat NAV, Led Lights etc, the only thing I can think the VXR one-ups it on is having Brembos as standard.
Personally the seats are the only good looking thing on the Astra VXR.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
No way are the seats worth £1200 over the standard seats can't cost that much more to make so Seat jumping on the band wagon to get more money from the customer.

However the buckets seats are very very nice but should be standard.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I got bored and went outside to take some pictures, the black area which the handles sit in and surrounds the back piece is leather like the side bolsters.
IMG_1706_zpsuty9coev.jpg

IMG_1707_zpsjmg0amhp.jpg

IMG_1709_zps40svbjls.jpg

Cheers for pics Syndrome, liking the look of them.:)

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
A pity they're not standard fitment. I wasn't keen on two tone seats, so I didn't have much choice. In actual fact, I like the FR alcantara seats the best!

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.