Vent Pod for Boost Gauge

hubbly_bubbly

[center][img]http://i374.
Aug 18, 2008
Johannesburg, South Africa
Finally got around to designing a vent pod for the Mk4 Ibiza air vent. This allows for a neat and OEM style fitment for a boost (or other) gauge. I use 45mm gauges in my cars as they fit the vent housing a little easier. I have also designed a pod for 52mm gauges. The pod replaces the stock air vent internals which clip out and the pod is fixed in place by clips in the stock vent surround. Let me know what you think :D

Stock vent surround used in conjunction with vent pod:

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

45mm Gauge and Pod:

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

52mm Gauge and pod

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

Stock housing and pod. This picture shows how the open/close mechanism of the stock vent housing would block the gauge. Thus the stock housing is not used.

$_20.JPG

I made a version of the housing with no internals, basically just a tube which connects the vent surround to the vent pipe in the dash.

$_20.JPG

I should have some pictures of the gauge fitted in my friends car in the next couple of days. Ill update the thread when that happens

Last edited:

ritch_b

Jul 27, 2012
Oop north
Now that would be lovely for a boost gauge in the FreeTrack; what's the going rate for a MK2 Leon pod? It's the same part on the FreeTrack, so would fit quite nicely...

R.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members