Mk1 cupra r front bumper removal

Matt_75

Mar 22, 2015
Kent
Hi can anyone help ?
I've spent many hours going over forum looking for a guide to remove my front bumper, either links don't work or I can't access the pics.
If someone could be so kind to link me to the right thread or point me in the right direction i would be very greatful.

Matt_75

Mar 22, 2015
Kent
No I didn't find anything on here, so I went for it and removed the bumper, i took photos of each step ill post some on this thread later on

Eric87

Jul 22, 2012
Suffolk/Cambridge/Essex borders
I fitted my fmic few weeks ago, I found it so difficult and fiddly to refit the bumper! it seems nothing lines up properly anymore :( I have gained a big gap on drivers side headlight at the top where it meets the wing, Im guessing because I loosened the top bolts for headlight. But however I tighten them it still sits funny, unless my wing has moved?

Fancy helping me Align mine? Haha

Matt_75

Mar 22, 2015
Kent
I had to cut the bumper around new pipe work where the fog lights are to get mine to fit nice and the plastic clip that holds the bumper to the wing I had to take off and fit to bumper then bolt back on to wing got a better fit than it was before.

Reactions: Kristoffer

Matt_75

Mar 22, 2015
Kent
I fitted my fmic few weeks ago, I found it so difficult and fiddly to refit the bumper! it seems nothing lines up properly anymore :( I have gained a big gap on drivers side headlight at the top where it meets the wing, Im guessing because I loosened the top bolts for headlight. But however I tighten them it still sits funny, unless my wing has moved?

Fancy helping me Align mine? Haha

Where about are you ?

Eric87

Jul 22, 2012
Suffolk/Cambridge/Essex borders
Yeah I removed the clip thing, put it on the bumper then bolted it back on as it just wouldn't clip back on with it still bolted to the wing. I did it by myself to, could've done with some help to push the bumper whilst doing up that single screw to make it flush round the arch area. Are there anymore screws holding the headlight in besides the 2 at the top?

Near Cambridge, you're in Kent?

Last edited:

Matt_75

Mar 22, 2015
Kent
Yes there is another 2 torx screws underneath headlight but you have to take bumper off to get to them. I didn't touch my headlights when I removed and refitted bumper on my own as well

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.