Gracey's Mk2 Cupra Revo Stage 2, New pics! Possible sale!

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Time for an update! Haven't updated this in ages and haven't really been using the forum that much other than looking at stuff for sale

Few changes to the car and plans for it..
Got a personalised plate but can't decide on a plate size!
Removed the HIDS to osrams cause I couldn't be bothered with the duller yet nicer coloured lighting and one had started to flicker.
Got the wheels refurbished to a Toyota grey colour which I think is nice, I had thought black but I think black hides too much of the wheel style itself so went for a dark grey.
New tyres and wheels balanced and alignment done.
Fitted the Triple R rear diffuser which adds nicely to the rear instead of going down the Cupra r route which I didn't want to after buying the miltek.
Repainted the brake callipers cause they had started to fade.
Got the big 40k service done, new belt, water pump, oils/fluids, filters, cam follower, new rear boot badge as mine was sticking.
Other small bits like black bottle caps in the engine bay, bonnet lifter/strut that I seen a few guys on here doing and looked good, LED interior lights, rear number plate LED bulbs.

May have missed a few bits but that's all that I can think of at the minute, cars still at stage 2, had thought about 2+ but just seem to keep reading that people's clutches going and I couldn't afford to do that!
Few plans are to plastidip the rear Cupra lettering gloss black, I've a rear btcc spoiler away getting sprayed gloss black currently waiting on that, would like a Bluetooth module to get that working with the headunit if anyone knows how? And still maybe autotech internals and btcc side skirts at some point.

Today was a cracking day, one of our few in NI, so had gave the car a good clean over the weekend and went in the morning for a drive up round the mourne mountains coastal route and up round spelga dam, blow the cobwebs out of the car a bit and few pictures up there, it's a beautiful spot up there on days like these and not many people about! So here's a few photos..

d7cb2335db7db64df1904e1e09993aae.jpg

6f589884ccfff5ae61823edb629e3e81.jpg

72a04008063cf42a16e0e24bd981b60c.jpg

15e7f4c0358978927d8e93f97e293e6a.jpg

2f7551959dc85d511a6e8bda93595c79.jpg

eb259f5d2218d33915df7da57a1d1259.jpg

56a7dcfb5aeaa7e0b63dfacd880e6e9e.jpg

ab63b05ba1fc8b8cab0cf81067e6dfbc.jpg

62fe1e60811c39d250996c8b911bcb49.jpg

f5f57d13a16e0344c42306c503bc8b22.jpg

All photos were taken off the iPhone just so doesn't do the scenery much justice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cuprat

Stage 2 rs3
Mar 27, 2008
aberdeen
Just been reading through this very nice I ran a 2+ Cupra on the standard clutch for 2 years and was original from new including doing 1/4 mile sprints with it and still never let go. The early cars seem to better on clutches than the later ones.

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
Lajohnz - where you getting the cupra from? It's nice scenes up round there on days like day!

Cuprat - thanks, you shouldn't have told me that now it makes me think about going for it lol no problems at all from it? What map was that you had on it? Thanks for the feedback btw!

Connorcupra94

Mar 13, 2013
Aberdeen
Looks really good mate, was just about to say a spoiler would set it off but I see you've said you've got one away for painting haha!

cuprat

Stage 2 rs3
Mar 27, 2008
aberdeen
Lajohnz - where you getting the cupra from? It's nice scenes up round there on days like day!

Cuprat - thanks, you shouldn't have told me that now it makes me think about going for it lol no problems at all from it? What map was that you had on it? Thanks for the feedback btw!

My rr thread still on here it's in with my Rs4 and 280 rr. No problem there brilliant cars to drive wish I'd never got rid of mine

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead

I forget where it was,a member on here though who doesn't post much. I flew over yesterday to collect it,then caught the 20:00 ferry from larne to cairnryan last night .awesome roads on the way home with lots a wagons/artic trucks to overtake

Black ,61 plate, 20k miles wasvadvertised at £12k due to its cat d status.credit to the former owner who sourced all the parts from Sere Seat at great cost and did his home work when it came to choosing who worked on it. I had it m.o.t'd this morning as your 4yr m.o.t from new is 3yr over here, passed with no advisorys

considering these go from anywhere between £14k and £16k im pretty happy with it :D

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
Considering selling the car after 2 years of ownership if anybody on here is interested or knows anyone looking a good Cupra! There's nothing at all wrong with the car and it's got everything it ever needed, I've just got use of the work van so no point in this just sitting around :( brilliant car and has never let me down! Would prefer to sell to an enthusiast rather than somebody that's gona get into it and abuse it!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.