Calling on Leon Mk2 Facelift Owners with VCDS

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
I'm after a big favour from owners with VCDS. If anyone with a facelift car and VCDS can do a scan and then post up the scan details of their "09 Central Electronics" control module (either a new scan or from a saved log you already have) including details of any fault codes that module currently has in your car then it would be really helpful to me. Can you also please specify the year of the car.

I'm not 100% convinced that my 2012 Leon has the correct BCM installed which might possibly be a reason that some particular faults are proving difficult to try and resolve. I would therefore like to identify what model of BCM other facelift owners have in their cars, thus the request for some scans so I can collate all the information.

For reference, these are the details of mine...

Code:
Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)       Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb
   Part No SW: 5K0 937 087 R    HW: 5K0 937 087 R
   Component: BCM PQ35 H    021 0064  
   Revision: BE021001    
   Coding: 46180A3E8025B0C042080080950089C442550008727D8560008040000040
   Shop #: WSC 54559 001 1048576
   VCID: 4487694BC74188010A7-8011

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 1P0 955 119 D
   Component: Wischer 24111  26  0611 
   Coding: 00DB90

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 1P0 955 559 A    HW: 1P0 955 559 A  Labels: 1P0-955-559.CLB
   Component: REGENLICHTSEN  H04 0003 
   Coding: 02542E

Subsystem 3 - Part No: 1K0 951 605 C
   Component: LIN BACKUP HO  H05 1501 
   Coding: 000000

2 Faults Found:
01135 - Interior Monitoring Sensors 
            004 - No Signal/Communication
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01100100
                    Fault Priority: 4
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 45
                    Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
                        Term 15 Off
                    Voltage: 12.45 V
                        OFF
                        ON
                        OFF
                        OFF
                        OFF

01135 - Interior Monitoring Sensors 
            014 - Defective
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01101110
                    Fault Priority: 4
                    Fault Frequency: 11
                    Reset counter: 45
                    Mileage: 29436 km
                    Time Indication: 0
                    Date: 2015.04.09
                    Time: 16:55:59

Freeze Frame:
                        Term 15 Off
                    Voltage: 13.15 V
                        OFF
                        OFF
                        OFF
                        OFF
                        OFF

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Remember the CECM is dependant on specification as well as age.

My basic trim level 2010 FR had a PQ35 M from the factory but now has an H+ after it was changed under warranty last year as the factory fitted unit is no longer available.

They all support the alarm sensors so it wouldn't make a difference which one you had in that regard.

As above, the intermittent communication error is common. I have the reoccurring on mine too but the sensors have always worked when I've tested them.

I've not seen the defective error before though.

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
If anyone is getting 01135 fault codes for the interior monitoring sensor and isn't actually working (as mine definitely isn't as confirmed by a manual test) then even if it is a common or known fault, that is not OK or acceptable in my book. It's equipment that is part of the OEM alarm system so it should be working correctly. This the reason I intend to exhaust all possible options to get it sorted.

My car has now been at the dealers on 4 separate occasions to try and get the issue resolved under warranty and it is going back in again on Monday. It has had 2 replacement G273 modules (the interior monitoring sensor) and the wiring supposedly checked out OK but the problem persists (the same fault codes just return again). That only remaining thing I can see being left as a cause is the BCM.

It has been suggested that the problem could possibly be down to some kind of BCM compatibility issue and/or software bug in the BCM. This led me to do a bit of my own research and I have discovered that the 5K0-937-087-R BCM which is in my car doesn't appear as one of the listed BCM's against my model and year of car in ETKA. The only ones I see listed are 5K0-937-087-S or 5K0-937-087-AA. The different suffixing letter is significant. It therefore makes me wonder if the 5K0-937-087-R BCM isn't the correct BCM for my car and is not a BCM that is fully compatible with the G273 interior monitoring sensor (part number 1P0-951-171-A).

So, I'm trying to find out if any other owners (a) has the exact same BCM fitted as I do; and (b) if they do, then if they are getting the same 01135 DTC's as me which could suggest a general incompatibility issue across the bleats with the "R" model of BCM.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
If your sensors are not working and you reported this to SEAT within your warranty period then I don't see a problem - just keep on at them until they fix it.

If the dealer isn't playing ball then start getting firm with SEAT UK.

It could be a CECM fault - I had a faulty CECM take out my heated mirrors and rear window, which is what led to getting a replacement.

Also bear in mind that some of the CECMs have been superseded now, so be sure you are factoring that into any part number lookups you're doing.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
edit: my part numbers here (as reported by VCDS - not physically verified):

Factory part: 5K0 937 086 C (PQ35 M)

Replaced part: 5K0 937 87 E (PQ35 H+)

The behaviour I described perviously is consistent across both parts.

Last edited:

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
If your sensors are not working and you reported this to SEAT within your warranty period then I don't see a problem - just keep on at them until they fix it.

If the dealer isn't playing ball then start getting firm with SEAT UK.

It could be a CECM fault - I had a faulty CECM take out my heated mirrors and rear window, which is what led to getting a replacement.

Also bear in mind that some of the CECMs have been superseded now, so be sure you are factoring that into any part number lookups you're doing.
Thanks Rusty.

My warranty ran out yesterday but SEAT UK have assured me that they will endeavour to keep trying to fix the problem because it was an issue (and reported as such to them) before the warranty expiry date. The car has been in and out of the dealers for the same problem since the beginning of January so it's been ongoing now for 3 months and still not fixed.

I've been using an up-to-date version of ETKA and it shows all current and superseded models of BCM but the "R" version isn't anywhere to be seen (see part number listing below), not as a current nor as a superseeded part number which get shown when you click into each of the current part numbers. The part number printed on the outside of the BCM is also the "R" version so the software is definitely reporting the correct BCM part number in the scan output. I really need someone with online access to VAG systems to do a VIN based search for me to be 100% sure. The dealer should be able to do that (and I will ask them to do so) but I would ideally also like an independent check done so I know the dealer isn't trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

If I look on PartsBase and do a search for part number 5K0937087R which is the BCM fitted to my car, it comes back as being fitted to a number of different VW cars but for SEAT it only lists it as being fitted to the Alhambra :confused:

k37h2f.jpg

Last edited:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
95% of mk5 golf based cars that I've scanned have faults showing on the interior monitoring sensors, even did a 55 reg bora this evening with them, mk4 based.

usually reducing the sensitivity to 50% cures the faults but allows the system to operate without flaw unless they are completely dead.

Last edited:

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
95% of mk5 golf based cars that I've scanned have faults showing on the interior monitoring sensors, even did a 55 reg bora this evening with them, mk4 based.

usually reducing the sensitivity to 50% cures the faults but allows the system to operate without flaw unless they are completely dead.
Thanks for the tip.

My car is now currently back with the dealer and the VAG tech I spoke to this morning did mention that the "004 - No Signal/Communication" fault code is quite often seen on VAG cars, but usually the sensor continues to work so that fault code apparently doesn't generally pose any real problems with the operation of the system.

In my case I'm also getting the "014 - Defective" and it is this code that appears to be rendering the G273 sensor completely inoperable as a manual test of the that sensor confirms. This same "014" code has appeared with two new replacement sensors fitted so the cause of the issue must lie elsewhere in the system. If the dealer can get rid of the "014" fault and the "004" fault remains, I can then try your suggestion but it seems to be posing a bit of a challenge even getting to that point.

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
OK, thanks. Yours is a different model of BCM but that might be because you have a different equipment level in your car.

The dealer still hasn't been successful in getting my interior monitoring sensor working, not even with the help of the techs at SEAT HQ so a new BCM has now been ordered which they will be fitting next week to see if that cures the problem. The part number of the new BCM is 5K0937087AC (Z19) which is different to the 5K0937087R one currently in my car. From what I can find, the new BCM is a PQ35 H+ whereas my current one is a PQ35 H, so it sounds like the replacement is a revised model.

I will post back next week when I find out if the new BCM has fixed the problem.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.